YOP LIST 2023-2024

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Day 30 of 30



This is the last day of National Blog Posting Month.  It was fun to post daily and yet at times it was a chore.  I do not think I could post daily 365 days a year.  There are many a blogger who does this and I admire them for their commitment.

Here is my thankful item for today.  I am very thankful for the ability to knit/crochet.  These crafts have become my resource when I am; bored, scared, anxious, happy, sad, worried, confused, in physical pain, hungry, etc.  Both my mom and her mom knit.  My Maternal Grandmother also crocheted and tatted.  Watching these woman ply their skills helped me to appreciate this art form.  They are both deceased and yet that art form lives on through me and now I have taught others in my family these skills.  My hope is, they then will teach their sons and daughters this art form also.

Tune in tomorrow to see what I have made this past week with these skills.

4 comments:

  1. I know...the daily blogging is difficult for me too because if I blog every day I have a hard time reading others blogs. I think blog one day...read the next works best for me but I'm glad I did it too! Yes, I don't know where I would be without my handwork and my fellow bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for hand crafts as well. Knitting is my main hobby but I have dabbled in others. I think if I had to choose between losing a leg or losing an arm (a dreadful decision for sure), I would choose a leg. I need my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine not enjoying some kind of hand craft. It is so soothing and satisfying.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.