YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, November 3, 2019

WEEK 18 & DAY 3 of 30




Good day to all of you.  I am here, once again, to share with you what my past week was like, both in crafting and in living.  Before I get started, I do need to tell you I have made one change to my blog.  When you comment, it no longer posts right away.  I am now moderating all my comments.  There have been some very unsavory anonymous comments lately.  It seems to only be happening to those of us on blogger.  I got tired of deleting 5-6 comments every day on various blog posts.  Hopefully, this is only temporary and I can go back to having your comments post immediately.  Thank you for understanding.

So, let's get started.

My Cardigan grew quite a bit this week.



It now reaches the top of my hips.  I like my sweaters long, so will continue knitting until I feel it covers all my ASSets.  This is the only item I worked on this week.  I am still hopeful it will be completed in time for me to take it on my mini vacation in 3 weeks..It is the perfect  mindless knitting. I opted not to do the 'lace' section in the waist area.  I just wanted a plain jane sweater for everyday wear.  The size, this time, seems to be perfect.  I will be adding in another row of increases for the hips though.  (My mom blessed me with HIPS)

This past week was totally different for me.  I spent most of Tuesday through Thursday at my son's home.  His work has him traveling and since there is a puppy in the house, I have the blessing of puppy sitting.  I would have taken him to my house, but he is just too rough with my dogs still.  Hence the reason I got so much done on my sweater.  Here is just a little taste of what my dog sitting looked like.



Everyday, Thor and I would go and pick up 'the girl' from high school.  He is a wonderful navigator.  He made sure all the cars around us were driving properly.


If I took a little snooze, this is the face I would wake up to.  He seldom left my side the whole time I was there.  He is turning into a very wonderful dog.  I will get to do this again in a couple of weeks but only for 2 days instead of 4.

With all the dog sitting it was hard to get time to bake bread.  I did manage to do that on Tuesday evening.  



FINALLY!  A loaf worth showing.  This is just a basic white bread made in my bread machine.  The last couple have not turned out this nice.  I was so happy.  I am still working on getting a sourdough starter going.  My second try turned out horrible also.  Today, I will do more research and find another way to make the starter and try again.

Our dogs get a small amount of wet dog food in their evening meal for their coats.  We order it off line from PetCo, as it is much cheaper than going to the store, which is 3 blocks away, and buying it.  This week is the first time we had any issues with the delivery.



Every can looked like this, if not worse.  I called the company immediately.  What wonderful customer service.  They sent a new case out to us, no charge, and it arrived 2 days later.  I asked if they wanted any photos of the damage and they said they believed me and to just dispose of the product.  I am NOT going to dispose of the product (other than the one can that burst open).  The cans will be donated to a rescue that wants/needs them.

Yesterday, (Saturday) Hubby and I spent the day at our church helping to put on a retreat.  If you read my post from yesterday you already know about this.  It is a retreat to help inform people, interested in becoming Catholic, about the beliefs and traditions of our faith.  It is such a long day.  We start the retreat at 7am and it goes until 10pm.  This old lady's body is not happy with her this morning.  I have backed off from quite a few of the duties I used to do for this retreat, but am still the official photographer.  This means I was walking around our church campus all day and night taking photos of all different aspects of the people and things going on.  Trust me, I got my steps in for the day!

Now for this:



Today is day 3 of 30.  Yup, doing this again this year.  I have picked the theme of thankfulness this year.  Each day I post what I am thankful for.  I figured this would be super easy.  Here it is day three and I am already struggling with it.  Not that I do not have anything to be thankful for, but the fact I have so many things to be thankful for.  It is hard to pick just one. 

Today I am very thankful for my husband.  He is not a perfect person (neither am I) but he is the perfect one for me.  He keeps me very grounded since I tend to be a bit flighty at times.  He can make me laugh just as I am taking myself too seriously.  He is sensitive to my days when my body is betraying me.  He is my rock when my world seems to be falling apart.  He is the one I can always turn to when I need someone to 'get' me.  He even enables my love of crafting.  I have been truly blessed these past 44 years.  My husband, Joe, is what I am thankful for today.

Excuse me, while I go and tell him how much I love him.

Until Next Time..................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. The cardigan looks splendid, and you will be done before you know it. Your puppy sitting sounds great and that bread looks lovely, I bet it tasted fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like my tops longer too....I'm not into the cropped phase right now....Thor is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marsha, you should celebrate that booty lol! ;) The sweater looks great! Thor is adorable, what a face to wake up to! :) And your thoughts on Joe are very sweet! I love that he "enables" your crafting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah that’s lovely what you’ve said about your husband. I’m following your blog and will be reading your daily posts, but not commenting every day. You cardigan looks great. What a cute dog the pup is turning into. My MIL dog sits for us sometimes and we’ve noticed at meal times she gets some attention from the dog, which we never get...suspect granny has been giving her food off her plate lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful things to be able to say about your hubby. I LOVE the color of your sweater. Can't wait to see it finished. I'm sure it's going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sweater is turning out wonderful! I know you will get it done in time as you are such an accomplished goal achiever! Thor is darling! You can just tell by his eyes that he is very devoted to his family and trying to fit in be useful...what a sweetie pie. I wish I lived closer as I would love to dog sit for him.
    Your tribute to Joe was beautiful! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's to those of us with ASSets! lol Me too, and I also like long sweaters. Thor is a real charmer and I loved your gratitude. He sounds like a keeper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.