YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Day 7 0f 30


It was a short night for me.  Bedtime rolled around at midnight and here it is 5:30am and I am up and ready to take on the day.  The house is super quiet.  No TV or radio on.  The dogs are sound asleep still too. (Although one of them is snoring loudly)

Last night I took a Cricut class at JoAnn's.  I have owned my Cricut for several months and have had a heck of a time trying to figure out what to do with it.  It was a very informative class and the instructor was so sweet and very patient.  She answered all questions without showing any signs of frustration.  The JoAnn's I went to was HUGE.  I could not believe how large it was.  The stock there was much more diverse than the two that are close to my house.  Unfortunately it is a bit of a drive to get to it.  Yet, I think if I really am needing supplies for my Cricut, that will be the store I will go to from now on.  I will just make a day trip out of it.  

Upon arriving home I noticed something wrong with my left eye.  It looked like I had a hair or piece of fine lint in it.  I tried washing it out to no avail.  Drat, I do believe I have my first ever floater in my eye.  I have a Doctor appointment this morning so will ask her if she can look at it to see if there is an issue.  If she can not see anything, then I will contact my eye Dr to see what to do.  I have never experienced this before and it is quite annoying.

Today's thankfulness is for modern medicine.  The advances being made are amazing.  I look at all the diseases that used to be an automatic death sentence and now are just a bump in the road of life.  I look at diseases like, diabetes, high blood pressure, influenza, pneumonia, and other diseases.  Yes, these diseases still can cause death but the for the most part, they are treatable and some of them even curable.  We have pretty much wiped out small pox, measles, mumps, polio, whooping cough, typhoid, even chicken pox.  Yes, there are cases that pop up now and then but not on the scale of several decades ago.  Are any of you old enough to remember the Iron Lung for polio patients?  How about having to lay in a dark room for days when you got the measles so your eyesight would not be damaged?  Or your neck being so swollen you could hardly swallow water during the height of your mumps?  Someday, I pray, there will be a cure for all forms of cancer, MS, MD, ALS and a way to prevent Alzheimer's.  But for now, I am amazed at the advances made in the 66 years I have been on this earth and very thankful for the women and men that strive each day to make our health better.


3 comments:

  1. Marsha, you are so right about modern medicine. When you list out all of the advances, and the diseases that have pretty much been wiped out, it puts things into perspective. Imagine a few hundred years ago? You get a chill and the next day you're dead. I had to look up Cricut, that looks like a fun crafting tool! I think a class about it would be essential if I ever tried it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am to the point where I only need about 5-6 hours sleep a night. I figure God made it that way because he/she knows how much slower we are becoming as we age so we need the extra time! LOL!
    I would like a Cricut but I've gotten along without one so far...maybe when I see what you make with yours I will change my mind. BTW, what brand of air fryer did you get? Did you see the new Frigidaire (?) ovens come with an air fryer built in?
    I just got a floater about 6 months ago. I got used to it and it doesn't bother me at all but at first I thought I saw mice out of the corner of my eye as it was black and it moved! LOL! Better a floater than a mouse!
    I agree with you about modern medicine and yes, I remember the mumps, appendicitis attacks and polio where we didn't go places where there were crowds. We've come a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it's not serious, that floater in your eye. I've noticed Cricut has become bigger at JoAnn's; it has its own section there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.