YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Day 28 0f 30



Today I am thankful for indoor plumbing.  Go ahead and laugh, but it is true.  Have any of you lived some where that did not have indoor plumbing?  I have.  My Grandma's farm did not have a bathroom.  She had an outhouse and during the winter we used chamber pots.  The outhouse was located out by the chicken coop.  Those birds were not very nice either. If you wanted to bathe, you heated water on her wood burning stove and then bathed in your room.  Also, to get the water to bathe with, you had to use the well pump that was outside by the side of the house.  Ever hear of priming the pump.....this was a regular occurrence too.  As a kid it was kind of an adventure.  As an adult, not so much.   As age is happening to me, I find there are times when I need to use the facilities in the middle of the night.  All I need to do is walk a few steps from my bed and there I am!  Yup, indoor plumbing is something to be very thankful for.

To all my family and friends here in the US I would like to wish you and yours a very blessed Thanksgiving.

Image result for thanksgiving

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, indoor plumbing for sure! I can't imagine going out in the middle of the night in the cold winter but I guess if that's all you know you get used to it. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is some interesting livin you went through there. I just remember having to bring a roll of toilet paper once into the woods when I was a kid and camping with my auntie and uncle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.