YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, March 8, 2020

WEEK 36 OF YEAR 9



Hi, everyone.  There is only one project worth showing today.


The High Effects Feather and Fan Shawl.  It is the only thing I worked on other than on Thursday when I worked on the Cabled Rosary Prayer Shawl. (I will show that when it has a bit more progress on it)  Do you see the tiny white sea glass progress keeper?  That is where I was last Sunday.  I have more than doubled the length of the shawl this past week.  I have 3 weeks left before DFW Fiber Fest.  It seems quite possible this will be completed by that time.  Then I can move onto hubby's socks and get them completed.  They will probably be my traveling project for the 10 days I am gone.  

We had a lovely family dinner last night at our son's home.  It was used to set up a schedule for dog and cat sitting as well as finalizing plans for our family trip to TX in July/August.  Our youngest son and his wife are both retiring after 20 plus years in the US Navy.  We are quite excited for this and decided to make it a family trip this time.  Hubby and I have made our hotel and flight reservations already.  We found some awesome deals on both and wanted to lock in the prices.  Now we can sit back and just wait.  Our daughter got her reservations done last night too and will be on the same flight as us.  Our local son and his family are still looking.  Seems they have lot's of airline points and hotel points so they will be using them to be able to go and stay for free.  (Smart kids)

The only other thing I have for you today is this:


Look at this beauty blooming......again.  Most people call them Christmas Cactus.  After doing a bit of research, I found out mine is actually a Thanksgiving Cactus.  You can tell by the shape of the leaf and the blooms.

Image result for christmas cactus vs thanksgiving vs easter

There is also an Easter Cactus as well as Christmas.  Anyway, this bloomed around the first of December and then it was done by January.  For some reason it is blooming again.  I am not complaining at all.  It is so pretty when it is full of bright red blossoms.  Hubby said it is because I ignore the plant and just add water to it once a week.  It sits in a west window in my craftroom.  It is the only plant in there.  I think it likes being an 'only plant'.

Today's activities will be a little laundry, make up more overnight oats, do a little decluttering, throw in some type of cardio, and make menus for the week.  Knitting will be happening throughout the day too. I seem to get the most done on the shawl on Sunday's.  Probably because I tend to stay home all day.  Seems like during the week there is always an errand to run somewhere.

Want to see what others are doing craft wise?  Go HERE to find out.  Join in at anytime.  We would love to meet you too.

Until Next Time....................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



8 comments:

  1. I love the Feather and Fan shawl. I think feather and fan is one of my favorite stitches. It always comes out pretty. The yarn is beautiful. I'll have to take a peek at your Ravelry page to see which yarn you used. That sounds like lots of fun flying on the same plane as your son and daughter in law. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

    (If you right click on your photos it should give the options of making the photos medium, large, extra large.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shawl is so pretty! Now that I did that washcloth I really like the pattern and it is fun to stitch. That is a big shawl! Your trip plans sound fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cactus is beautiful, how lovely to have more blooms? And the feather and fan shawl is gorgeous, I love the colour of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful feather and fan! Congrats to your son and retiring, very exciting. I have high hopes to be knitting this afternoon after catching up on blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress on your shawl. I have a feather and fan pattern in my queue, the yarn colour and the pattern are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Christmas Cactus and all her "sister" plants are my favorite kind of plant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Christmas cactus bloomed during the holiday but at least its leaves are healthy still now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.