YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Spring

Image result for spring

Happy first day of spring!  The rain has stopped here, yet it is still quite cloudy out.  Temps are in the low 60's.  I have stepped outside for a little bit and it is actually quite nice out there.  No wind so it seems warmer than 61. 

It was another productive morning here.  Hubby cleaned the family room today.  He originally wanted to do the kitchen and bathrooms.  I asked him to hold off until tomorrow as I wanted to finish up my 'cleaning' in the kitchen.

So, this happened this morning.


Two loaves of whole wheat banana bread made.  We will keep one and the other will be gifted to my son's family.  Sure did make my house smell yummy again.  (Yesterday I made my regular bread.)  As long as my flour holds out, we will be ok with bread and tortillas.  If you haven't been to a store lately, all the flour, yeast, sugar and other baking supplies are GONE!  Good thing I had bought a 25 lb bag of bread flour a couple of weeks before panic set in.

After I put the bread in the oven, I set out to complete going through all my upper cabinets.  That really didn't take too long.  I had gone through them not that long ago and there really wasn't much to remove.  I did reorganize a couple of shelves though.

Once the cupboards were done I proceeded to clean, seal, and polish my counter tops.


Look at all the light reflecting off the counter tops!  I am trying to do this once a year.  It doesn't take too long to do.  I feel so good when it is all finished and everything is placed back and all cleaned up.  


I am so glad the fresh fruits and veggies are in great supply.  The spaghetti squash will be dinner tomorrow night.  I got the recipe from Sam's blog. Here is the link to the recipe.  It is meatless but if you want you can add chicken or shrimp to it. 

Remember I told you about my binder with all my recipes in it?  Here it is.


Chock full and I just discovered 3 more recipes that need to be put in sleeve protectors and added.  OH, and I do put 2 recipes in each sleeve protector.   

Did you hear the latest news on the virus?  There is an antimalarial drug that shows promise for helping those who are sick with covid19.  It is the same drug I take for my RA!  It does not stop you from getting the virus but, supposedly, helps if you have it.  Hydroxychloroquine is the generic name for the drug.  The brand name is Plaquenil.  It has been around forever!  This is very good news.  It is also very inexpensive, or it was when I got my refill a couple of weeks ago.  I realize we will still need to be vigilant with hand washing and social distancing because it is still spreading rapidly.  But there is hope now.

Speaking of the virus, when I went outside today, there was a man jogging down the street.  Not unusual for people to be jogging in the neighborhood.  It was unusual in the respect he was wearing some kind of breathing device that made him sound like Darth Vader.  I am thinking it was some sort of respirator.  It was not very large and basically just covered his mouth and nose.  Very strange.

For those of you who are coping with homeschooling for the first time every.  I have a little humor for you.


My daugher, the ex-teacher, discovered this.  And.............speaking of my daughter.  She already has another job.  She starts on Monday and the job is only 10 minutes from her house!  Thank the Lord.  She was so excited.  It is in the medical field this time, so hopefully this one will turn into a permanent position.

I have one more funny for us ladies.  It is a little crude but made me chuckle.


Well, my cleaning/decluttering is completed for today.  Now to come up with somewhere else in the house to attack tomorrow.  I am enjoying doing this.  It makes me realize how much 'stuff' we are still holding onto even after doing this a year ago.

I am going to take a little jaunt to my son's house and then come home and continue some knitting until dinner.  Tonight we have leftover corn beef and cabbage.  

Stay well my friends.

Until next time.....................happy crafting!




4 comments:

  1. Spring snuck up on me this year! Your binder of recipes looks so neat. I haven't done mine yet. Thanks for another prod. ;^) So glad your daughter has found another job. The dear students letter is very funny. And hits home. I know it's hard (for some extremely hard) to be put in this position without having the choice, and with no real preparation, but as a retired homeschooling mom, I'm confident that many children and their parents will do better than they would have imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to bake a lot of banana bread. I have not made wheat banana bread it sounds really good and I love wheat bread. There are so many hilarious memes regarding the parents adjusting to being at home with their little ones. Congratulations on the binder. Wow that was fast too. I'm sure I would still be sitting through my recipes. Congrats to your daughter also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take that same medicine for my RA! Aren't we lucky!?! Your bread looks yummy and let me know how your spaghetti squash meal turns out. What beautiful countertops! I haven't tried shopping since I went 2 weeks ago. I had no trouble getting everything then. We'll see as I don't live in a metropolitan area. Enjoy your "sitting and knitting"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO on that cartoon! Love it. Glad your daughter had a successful interview. Fingers crossed for her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.