YOP LIST 2023-2024

Monday, March 23, 2020

UNPLANNED TRIP

Image result for unplanned trip

Well, hello there.  How are you doing today?  Has your day gone as planned?  Mine took a little detour.

Around 11:30 pm last night, I heard one of the dogs panting very hard.  Since my house is at 70 degrees, I knew it was not from over heating but probably from either nerves or illness.  I got out of bed and saw it was Luna panting.  She NEVER pants!  I got a bit concerned since she is 12-13 yrs old now.  I checked her out and discovered a cyst she has had on her back foot had burst open and was draining.  She was busy licking it.  GROSS!

I grabbed her and took her to the family room where I began expressing all I could from the cyst.  (sorry if this is grossing you out.  I am trying to say it as delicately as possible)  Yet, when I would stop, it would fill up again and she would not stop licking it.  Out comes the first aid kit.  I put a 3x3 gauze over it and then taped it with breathable cloth tape and took her to bed with us.  

As soon as the vet opened, I called them and got an appointment for her today.  Since I was not allowed to go into the office (their rules) I had to communicate with the Vet via phone.  She was concerned about possible bone tumor (cancer) and wanted an xray of it.  I agreed as my stomach started going into knots.  The xray came back negative!  Praise God!  The cyst was a little infected so they put her on some heavy duty antibiotics and wrapped it up real good.


They wanted to put an E collar on her but since she is strictly a doggie door dog, it would not work.  She is being very good and not licking it.  If she does, I have some bitter apple to put on it.  Poor baby.

Today, I decided to wash our bedding.............all of it again.  Since Luna was in the bed with us last night and her foot was 'leaking', I wanted to get my sheets and comforter all cleaned up from it.

Drying the comforter is tough.  It is way too big for my dryer.  I have dried it in there before but it takes several hours to do it.  So........................

Draping it over the patio table and chairs sounded like a great idea.  We do not have a clothesline anymore.  It has been out there a little less than an hour and is already almost dry!


The green under the comforter is a sheet to keep the comforter off the dirty metal table.  The frying pan on top is to hold it down since it is a bit windy out today.  So thankful for all the sunshine today.  That comforter is going to smell wonderful!

There was no decluttering today.  Between the 2 loads of laundry and the vet visit, I ran out of steam.  I will say, running out to the backyard to check on the comforter has been enjoyable.  I am loving the fresh air and sunshine out there.  Once the comforter is done, I think I will grab my knitting and head out to the front porch and do a little rocking and knitting and get some fresh air in these lungs.

Hubby and I ordered pizza from a mom and pop shop last night.  It was buy one get one free.  We have enough left over to have for dinner tonight too.  I did get all the menus made out for the next 10 days so with the leftovers tonight that makes it 11 days of meals.  The grocery list is also completed.  Tomorrow we HAVE to go shopping as we have run out of a few items.  We are just going to go to our local grocery store and pray they have everything we need there.  I prefer one stop shopping right now.

The last thing I will be doing today is making my overnight oats.  I haven't had them in over a week and I miss them.  They are so easy to make and fill me up so I am not craving food before lunch time.

Time to go and check the comforter again.

Until next time.....................happy crafting!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that Luna is okay! What a time for a pet to be sick. Jack seems to have hurt his leg again, sigh nearly every March he slips on ice and pulls a muscle...we're keeping him away from the stairs, he should be okay in a few days, but I hate seeing him in pain. I LOVE your pool Marsha! And what a clever way to dry your comforter! I'm sure it smells really fresh and clean! We have a big blanket that takes 3 hours to dry in the dryer, I hate that thing, but Alex loves it. In the summer I hang it out, but in the winter, we kind of have to use the dryer whether we like it or not! I hope you can get all of your groceries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor puppy but thank goodness Luna will be fine. We actually put a clothesline in a smaller part of the yard a couple of years ago. I have a few crocheted afghans that could fit in the dryer but I like the way they feel after being air-dried. Hope your shopping went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww that poor baby. So glad she got some help. How we love our pets!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Luna! So glad she was able to get taken care of and the x-ray was negative! Whew! Emotions tire you out more than anything. I'm surprised you were able to get anything done after that! LOL!
    Lovely sunshine and glad you could get your comforter outside to dry. It has been cloudy and rainy here. I need to do my grocery list and menu today and decide if I need to go. Probably Walmart, order online and pickup. Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor wo-wo. Glad you caught it and thank goodness it wasn't something more series. What a wonderful backyard you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Luna. I'm glad she'll be okay. What a beautiful back yard! And I love your cushions - even if I can only get a peek of them under the comforter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.