YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, March 12, 2020

SUPER LAZY DAY

Image result for super lazy day

Man oh man.  Hubby and I have both realized we have done almost nothing productive all day.  The most productive thing I did was put dishes in the dishwasher and clip a few nails on one of my dogs.  That's it!  Oh, I did take a shower.  Does that count?

This weather is so abnormal for us.  This is day 3 of the gloomy, rainy and super dreariness.  Normally I love a good rain but after 3 days, I am over it.  This is to continue through tomorrow.  We will have four days of just clouds, with a bit of sun, and then back to rain again for 2 more days.  The plus side, our plants are growing like crazy and blooming too.  Too bad it is too nasty out to go and take photos.

So what have we done today?


This has been my view for most of the day.  Just kickin' back watching some TV shows that have been recorded over the past few weeks.


Even the dogs have proclaimed today to be a lazy day.  


Here sits my WIP's screaming at me to pick them up and work on them.  I have not touched them in 2 days.  

In other news........For those of you who were a bit concerned about us going to Trivia last night, it is held at a restaurant and there are maybe 30 to 40 people total there.  We all sit at our own tables and booths.  There is no physical contact with anyone other than fellow family members.  It is all pretty tame.

I did hear back from DFWFF people.  They are still planning on having the Fiber Fest.  Until the CDC advises a quarantine for the DFW area they will continue as planned.  I am beginning to think it will not take place.  There are other venues in Texas being cancelled both to the south and north of Dallas.  The Vendor Fair at the Magnolia Silos in Waco was cancelled today by Chip and Joanna Gaines.  Yesterday, Dallas cancelled their St Patrick's day parade.  The rodeo in Houston has been cancelled.  Most schools there, on spring break, are going to extend the break for another week and then try to do classes online.  It is all pointing to a cancellation.  The event promised to send out emails and write on their social media if there were cancellations, as soon as/if that happens.

We just got word, the skilled nursing facility my mother in law is in, is now on lock down.  No visitors allowed.  Hubby had made arrangements to go up next weekend.  Guess that will not be happening now.  I don't blame them though.  That population is the most vulnerable.  The residents will not be happy about not being allowed to see family and friends.  

OK, I need to get back to doing nothing.

Until next time................happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Every once in a while you have to "kick back"! I did the other day and with me, it seems like every other day is productive. I just get tired after working hard one day and the next day is slow going. I don't like it but what are you going to do....that's life in the "slow" lane. You work so hard and do so much you deserve a day off now and them.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, lots of things are getting locked down and cancelled where I live. And glad for it. What a change from a week ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen anything like this in my lifetime so it's interesting to watch it evolve. We are home for the weekend and I will probably only be going out for groceries or doctor visits. That's it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We finally got word Friday that school will be closed for two weeks; our spring break isn't until April 13th.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.