YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Gray and Dreary

Image result for rainy day in Mesa, AZ

We are having weather!  For the next 4 days the weather people are predicting rain.  We are supposed to get between 1 and 2 inches of the wet stuff.  This will mean flash floods again.  It is one of the problems with our soil.  It is not very absorbent and therefore flooding is a major issue for us.  ☔

So, what to do on rainy days?  Listen to an audio book while doing daily chores?  You betcha!  

This is the day we clean the kitchen, laundry room, bathrooms and dining room.  It sounds like a lot but really it isn't that bad.  We try and keep things pretty well cleaned daily but this is the day we do the 'deep' clean.  


Luna is not happy with the vacuum cleaner being run.  I am surprised she even stayed in the area while that happened. ๐Ÿงน

This will also be a great day(s) to work on my shawl.  There was a notice sent out from Dallas Ft Worth Fiber Fest stating they were still planning on holding it but would keep us updated if that changed anytime between now and the first of April.  If they do decide to cancel it, I hope they notify before the 28th of March.  That is when I fly out to spend a few days with my son and his family in Fort Worth.  ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Question for y'all.  

Have you ever started to read a book and after about 7 chapters can just not get 'into' it?๐Ÿ“š

As I have stated, I have started reading Kristin Hannah books.  The first 2 were so hard to put down.  Each one of those took about 1.5 days to finish.  The third book I grabbed and started as soon as I finished the 2nd one.  I have been trying for 3 days to get interested in it.  The characters are just not speaking to me the way the ones in the other two books did.  Last night I finally gave up and grabbed another one of her books waiting to be read.  BAM!  It grabbed me by the 10th page.  I will hang onto the bleh one.  Maybe it will grab me later.

OK, time to get that shawl out of the basket and get to work on it.  It won't knit itself. ๐Ÿงถ 

Until next time.....................happy crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Quite a few times I have started a book that didn't work out. Decades ago I would force myself to finish it but in my 30s I put the books back on the shelf. No more feeling guilty or obligated. I think my Mom was the one that taught me to never put a book down unread. Her rule not mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I vacuum I have to corral the cat in one room and then start or else every one is panicking and mayhem ensues. They all act crazy around here. Once I am caught up with blogs I am knitting away the afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is too short to spend any time on reading a book that doesn't grab you. I have an 80 page rule. If I don't care about the characters or the story line within 80 pages - I stop reading it and start something else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that strange about the 3rd book? I hope you don't get flooded! I love rainy weather or at least a variety. I get so tired of all the sun and heat in the summer here but then I don't have a pool either! LOL! That might make it more enjoyable! Enjoy your knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually give a book 25%-30% before I decide whether or not to finish it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.