YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Senior Day

Image result for senior day

My to do list is shot to h**l.  There were so many good intentions.  There were 6 items on the list.  Out of those 6, only 3 items will be crossed off of it.  I even made sure the list was half the size of my regular list.  You see, today is 10% off groceries for seniors at our local Kroger store.  Menus for the next 10 days had been made and the grocery list was finalized.  I knew we would be going to the store today which is the reason I made the list lighter than normal.  

Let me tell you, shopping on Senior Discount Day is not for the faint of heart.  We were half way through our grocery list when I turned to my husband, grabbed his shirt and told him I would NEVER attend senior discount day again.  These senior citizens were NUTS!  Yes, I am a senior citizen but I do not leave my cart in the middle of the aisle while I walk up and down said aisle looking for 1 item.  Neither do I just blindly whip around corners without caring if anyone might be coming.  Nor, do I park my cart at the end of the aisle, blocking the aisle from anyone getting out or coming in, and then wander to somewhere unknown.  I had 12 items on my shopping list.  It took us over 1.5 hours to pick up those items.  This should have been a 30 minutes trip.  Senior discount day saved us an additional $7.  Was it worth it?  Hubby thinks so.  OK, then next month, I am going to get up at 5am and go to the store while everyone is still drinking their first cup of coffee.  

Another reason the list is shot is: My son called this morning asking if I would be willing to pick up the teen from high school today.  He has a conference call he can not miss.  Well, that just shot the rest of my day.  Since she goes with us to Trivia tonight, I saw no reason to pick her up, take her home, drive to my house, and then get her again for trivia 1.5 hours later.  

Confession time.  I did not get my laundry put away last night before bed.  It is folded and hung up but still sitting in the laundry room.  It was on my list today too.  

I better get moving and get my overnight oats made for the next few days.  Yes, that is on the to do list.  If I hurry and get that done, I might even have time to put the laundry away.  I have 45 minutes before I need to leave to go and get the teenager.

Until next time...................happy crafting!

(Not thinking there will be any knitting done today.  😠)


4 comments:

  1. Oh, I can imagine how frustrating that was! I can remember when I had my career and family and only had weekends to shop and I would go to the store on Saturday and all these retired people would be in there blocking the aisles and having a social hour. I swore when I got older I would not shop on the weekends and leave the stores for the working people. Once in a while I'll have to go on a weekend but rarely. Although here there are never any crowds ever and no traffic either. I can tell you are a planner and so am I. It is frustrating when non-planners get in our way! LOL! I hope today is better and that you get to knit too! Gracious, that was terrible to not have time for handwork! Hugs ~ Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my 10% off on senior day is a generous discount. Our grocery does 5%. But I am with you. Too much time wasted for $7. Certainly earlier might be better.

    I have taken the path of ... a "to-do" list is a suggestion list! Hahaha. Yes, some things on my suggestion list MUST be done and they usually do get done. Other suggestions ... well, if the condo didn't get vacuumed today, it will still be there tomorrow. Some days I get everything done - but if I decide my suggestion list is for one day only - getting it all done is rare. I create the list for a 3 day period. It is a mind game for sure - but it works for my mind and I don't get frustrated about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ! I need to check to see if Kroger's in Georgia gives 10% off to seniors. Now the things you listed such as folks leaving buggys in the aisle... I find that to be any and everyone, young and older. Those are self-centered people. They don't care about anyone but themselves. I wonder what the outcome would be if you tried a different Kroger. Each store seems to have it's own culture. It may be a better experience. It's okay if you didn't complete your list. Some of us (me) don't even make a daily list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of a senior discount day at Kroger! Do they advertise this? I might look into it, but I'm not sure I'm up for that kind of craziness.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.