YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

And Zoom, it is Tuesday

Image result for flying time



As most of you know, each evening I make out my to do list for the next day.  This is to help me stay on task and not get too distracted away from what 'needs' to be done as well as things I 'like' to do each day.  As I looked at my to do list this morning, I noticed there were several things carried over from yesterday.  What happened?

Image result for woman reading a book

Reading happened.  I spent most of my day reading one of my 'new' used books.  Oh my.  It was such a good book.  I laughed but surprisingly, I also cried.  It takes quite a bit for me to cry but this book did it to me.

Image result for home again by kristin hannah

I am so glad I gave this author a try.  Most of all, I am very thankful I have 8 more of her books to read.  Goodness, they are so hard to put down.  I stayed up until after midnight just so I could finish the book. (I did put it down to go to BIble Study last night)  This morning, I almost pulled the next book off the shelf but talked myself out of that decision.  There were things to do around the house.  

Image result for grandma doing laundry

There was a load of laundry to do today.  It has been done!  It still needs to be put away.  That will be done before bed tonight.............I promise.  I also did a load of laundry yesterday.  That one was put away though.  


Image result for grandma working in the kitchen


On Monday and Tuesday, we have our big meal at lunch time.  Today we had tacos.  (Taco Tuesday)  That meant I needed to shred the lettuce, shred the cheese, cut the tomatoes and cut the green onions.  I like to get that done before I cook the meat and tortillas.  The tacos have been consumed and the kitchen is all cleaned up.  

There is still paperwork to be filled out for my new primary care doctor.  (I finally found one and got in touch with his office yesterday)  Some type of decluttering needs to happen. (Probably in my closet)  My LuLaRoe Carly dresses need to be looked at to see if I can redesign the back of the dress.

Image result for LuLaRoe Carly

See how the back is so much longer than the front?  I want to try and bring the back hem up to almost even with the front.  Since most of my weight is on my backside, I will leave it a little longer than the front so it looks even when I wear it.  There are 15 of these dresses in my closet.  I love them, especially with the heat of our summers.  They are very comfy to wear and can be dressed up or down.  Once I figure out how to make this work, I will be buried at my sewing machine.  The plan is to get them done before the heat hits here.  We are already flirting with the high 80's this week.  It will not be too long before the 90's and then 100's will be coming to stay for several months (7-8).

There is still a walk that needs to be taken today as well as picking up my knitting and adding some more rows on my High Effects shawl.  Hubby also informed me there are 5 recorded episodes of my favorite shows I need to watch and delete.  

Hubby teaches tonight.  That sounds like the perfect time for me to watch a couple of my shows while I knit on my shawl.  When he gets home we will watch the shows we mutually like.  

Does is seem like the past couple of days have just flown by for you?

Until next time.................happy crafting!





















5 comments:

  1. I do that. Have a list of to-dos and decide through my actions rather than by plan to take a day of and just read or knit or watch TV. I call it listening to my body and brain that needs a break. Its healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the past couple of days whizzed by. I like that you make a list to be done daily. Oh if I could do that and actually accomplish getting all things done. I may try it once just to see what happens. I don't think I've ever had green onions in my tacos before. I love green onions so the next time I make them... By the way the book by Kristin Hannah, is it a love story ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that fun though to come upon a book you can't put down? Enjoy it as it doesn't happen that often. This week is going fast and I too have been doing things that I love but aren't necessarily on "my list"! I have joined some SALs and MALs and have been treating myself. Like you, I keep up with the daily chores and I actually spent some time in the craft room cleaning up last evening. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even with being engrossed in a book, you got a lot done, friend. It's hard to believe you're having (what would be for me) summer weather already. Of course, we're in the 50's this week, so it shouldn't surprise me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. February was a race car and March is marching along quickly too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.