YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, March 5, 2020

All Better

Image result for all better

Today, I am all better.  Having vented yesterday was a good thing.  As soon as I posted the blog post, I ran into the kitchen, made my overnight oats, grabbed the completed laundry and put it away, emptied the dishwasher and still made it to the teen's school in time to pick her and her friend up.  

This morning I woke up at my normal time (between 5:30 and 6)  That gave me time to have a leisurely breakfast and catch up on my email and blogs.  Prayer Shawl group was this morning and I even got there a bit early.  So nice to have 2 hours of fellowship and knitting.  The lady who has been giving me cookbooks to peruse is going to bring me another one.  This one is on Mediterranean cooking.  She will bring it to Mass on Saturday.  

After prayer shawl I went and got our water jugs filled.  From there I went to a pet supply store.  The dogs needed a better toe nail clipper than the one I had.  While there I also got them new collars and name tags.  Enrique cracked me up.  As soon as I took his collar off he started to shake and cower.   He thought I was going to give him a bath.  Usually that is the only time the collars come off.   He has forgiven me and has been strutting around with his pretty new collar and tag.

We had our big meal at lunch today. (Chicken Fajitas)  Hubby and I both agreed we enjoy eating the bigger meal of the day earlier and eating light in the evening.  We are going to try and do this as often as we can.

We have adoration tonight.  Otherwise, I do not have anything else on my to do list for today.  WOOHOO!

I forgot to show you the treasures I got yesterday while shopping.


We bought a couple of basil plants.  It was so much cheaper to buy the plants then the little packets of leaves.  Hopefully these will continue to grow and produce for a while.  They sure do make my kitchen  smell nice.


Kroger had a bunch of baskets on sale for 50% off.  This one is 12 inches tall and 12 inches in diameter.  It sits by my chair and I can put several project bags in it.  It was marked at $19.99 so I figured $10 was not too bad for this size of a basket.  When we checked out it rang up as $4.54!  BONUS!  This is now my WIP basket.  If it gets full then I need to finish something.

Time to kick back and work on my Cabled Rosary Prayer Shawl.  Thursdays are the only day I work on it.  

Until next time...................happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could have plants but holly the cat will eat them. Grr. Sounds like you had a pretty good day. I have yet been able to trim any of our dogs nails. Frodo gets groomed so she does it, phew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You really swung into gear before picking the girls up. I love your treasures! What deals you got! I love basil and those look like really healthy plants. You truly got a deal on the basket and that is a good idea about your WIPs...I need one like that or many as I don't think all my WIPs would fit in there! LOL! But it would be a good start! I have a lidded picnic basket I want to use as Miss Peeps gets into any yarn or needles laying about. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad today was a good day for you. Your basil plants look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.