YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Out of the House

Image result for grocery shopping

It started out as a nice slow morning.  There was more winding of yarn and looking for patterns to go with each skein.  A load of laundry was done and I thought we would just take it easy today and go to the grocery store tomorrow.  Boy, was I in for a surprise!

After looking at the weather we realized there was a good possibility for rain tomorrow.  There is nothing worse than driving in this town when it rains.  We still have many winter visitors here and they do not understand our roads are oiled because of our summer heat.  When it rains here the streets are the same as if they were covered in ice.  So, we decided to go ahead and hit stores today.

There was a little family conference last night via text.  We let each other know what items we needed in order to finish up our pantries in case the city goes on complete shut down.  The first one to score this morning was our Daughter in Law.  She found wheat flour for me and white vinegar for my daughter.  Our daughter finally found bleach for herself and then hubby and I found eggs for the daughter.

We also obtained 91% alcohol and aloe vera gel and will be making hand sanitizer for us and our family.  After going to 6 grocery stores we finally found;
bread flour,
Image result for bread flour

 self rising flour
Image result for self rising flour

 and yeast
Image result for bread machine yeast

 at our last stop!  We are all set in case of lock down.  We purchased some fresh veggies for dinners for the next few days as well as some cleaning supplies.  We stocked up on toiletries also.  


These are the feet of a worn out lady.  We went to Winco, Costco, Sam's Club, Walmart, CVS, Fry's and Walmart neighborhood market.  (In that order too)  People were quite conscience of physical distancing and no one crowded anyone.  I had my handy bottle of hand sanitizer in my purse and used it after each store.  Our Walmart had a nice foaming sanitizer machine at the entrance.  Reminded me of when I worked at the hospital.  You had to 'foam in and foam out' whenever you visited a patient room.

By the time we got home it was getting late.  We had been out for 5 hours!  My puppy dogs were sure to let me know it had been weeks since we had been home.  (They have no sense of time)  I was so tired I just grabbed one of our gift cards and ran to Taco Bell to get our dinner.  (After I had fed the dogs)

Am I concerned about being out with the CV19?  Yes and no.  There are 21 states with more cases than we have.  We have 401 cases at this time with 7 deaths.  I have not gone off of my property in over a week other to have dinner at our BFFs home on Sunday.  I have no plans to go anywhere else other to my son's home to deliver their hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes.  (He works from home and has not been anywhere either)  Other than that, I am waiting for our church to open again.  (Watching Mass on TV is not the same)  Yes, there is always a chance I could contract CV19.......I could also get the flu as I am unable to get a flu shot.  It is a risk I take anytime I leave my house or invite someone in my home.  It is a reality I have lived with for the past 38 years.  

on a happier note.......While we were driving around we saw a lot of people at the park with their kids and dogs.  There were several families out for a bike ride.  Dog walking was also a big activity in our neighborhood.  It was a beautiful day with the temps close to 80 and lots of sunshine.  

So now we are kicking back and trying to find something of interest on TV.

I hope you are all staying well.

Until next time.....................happy crafting!



3 comments:

  1. You're brave! I will probably order groceries online and go pick them up. I don't have as many stores as you and according to our COVID-19 map there is none in our county or surrounding but then again they don't have enough tests to go around so who knows. I don't worry but I am a recluse anyway so it's my natural way of life after all these years! :) GLad you were able to get all you needed and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not nearly as afraid of getting COVID as I am ending up in a hopsital right now. For anything. Way to go, spreading out the shopping. What a smart, helpful family! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job sharing the search with family members and different stores! That is probably the best way of getting what you need.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.