YOP LIST 2023-2024

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Day 10




It is super early for me on this Saturday morning.  Especially since we were up late last night with out of town and in town family.  But we need to be at our church by 7 for the retreat.  I wanted to get this out this morning as I know tonight I will be super tired and will just want my pillow and bed.

Yesterday I made a loaf of Spelt Raisin bread.


It is very yummy and will become a regular in our home.  I gave some to my brother in law for his trip home today and I have enough left for our breakfast plus the lady at church and also our breakfast tomorrow morning.  At least I know it won't go bad before we eat it this time.  My house smelled luscious for many hours yesterday, too.

Yesterday was also clock winding day.


This is my circa 1930's Enfield mantle clock.  It is exactly like the clock my grandparents had in their home.  Every time it 'dongs' I get a little flashback to being young, carefree and playing with my cousins at Grandma's house.  I found this little beauty in an antique shop at Snoqualmie Falls, Washington.  I bought it for my 30th birthday.  So, this is a real antique now!  I had to have it repaired this year as it no longer would run.  I am so happy I did. 

That is all for today.  I need to get the food out for the fridge and ready to leave in 15 minutes.  Good thing we only live 5 minutes from our church.   I packed all 3 of my current WIP's.  I couldn't choose just one.  At least I won't be bored.

Until next time.................happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Your bread looks delicious! I hope you had a fun and enjoyable day today although tiring, I'm sure. I love your clock. I would like to get a clock that I can hear 'ticking' in the house. There's just something reassuring and vintage feeling about a clock ticking. I hope you get your rest tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm... I can almost smell baking bread now. :) What a cool clock. So how often do you have to wind it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.