YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

GOOD ONE

Friends Advent Calendar - Day 1 | Brickset: LEGO set guide and ...


Today is the official start of YOP year 10.  I will not post my list until Sunday.  Nor, will I post anything related to YOP until Sunday.  I did start on some of my YOP projects today though.  It made me so happy 😁😁

Today I have some things to show you.


Hubby brought home these flowers yesterday.  He picked them up at the grocery store while shopping for us.  He is so considerate.  If he sees flowers that make him smile, he gets them for me to make me smile too.


Have I told you how much I love my air fryer?  This was the first batch of bacon I cooked in it today. (there were 4 more batches cooked)  I love the fact I can make that bacon nice and crispy and do not have a greasy mess all over my stove top to clean up.  Cleaning the air fryer is super easy too.

One of the reasons I was working on bacon is:


Hubby and I wanted to have jalapeno poppers for lunch.  This is the before photo.


And here they are, all nice and cooked up to perfection.  They are so good and so easy to make.  Much cheaper than buying the frozen ones or getting them from a restaurant.

Since I cooked all that bacon up (3 pounds of thick sliced), we are going to have BLTA sandwiches tonight for dinner.  The A is for avocado.  So glad I made a loaf of bread yesterday.  I will toast up a few pieces of it for the sandwiches.  Mmmmmm......my mouth is already watering just thinking of it.

Other than that, I finally put away the laundry from Monday.  The dishwasher got emptied, I polished my stove top, and have worked on some knitting and crocheting.  

There were treasures in the mail today.


This is my second book in the Southern Sisters Mystery series.    They were recommended by a fellow blogger.  I am looking forward to getting into them and seeing if I want to keep ordering them.  The first one I received, I have already started it.  As soon as I get the characters straight it should read a bit easier.


This is the other treasure from today.  Plastic pie servers.  Actually, these are the first pie servers I have ever owned.  Love the colors.  They should be easy to spot in my cooking utensil drawer.

Hubby has been working on the pool today.  Our automatic fill seems to have a glitch in it.  We think the fill line is clogged.  He was able to clear part of it but, it got too warm for him outside so, he will work on it again tomorrow morning, when it is cooler.  In the mean time, we have the garden hose running to get the water level back up to where it should be.

Hope your day was a great day.

Until next time.................happy crafter & stay well!


3 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about air fryers, but I can't stand the thought of another appliance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got those lilies growing in my yard! LOL! I hope you like the Anne George books. I think they are so funny. Did you check out the Little Red Hen? What brand of air fryer do you have? I'm thinking about one, especially for the bacon! That's awesome! I'm off to relax and do some "crafting"! Have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure got a high tolerance for spicy! My dad used to go somewhere and used to love to sample the jalapeno poppers. Now he can't really take spicy, LOL. That bacon looks scrumptious! I was drooling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.