YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, July 12, 2020

WEEK 2 OF YOP 10


Today's post is going to be a bit photo heavy.  Sit back and relax for a few while I tell you my week's story.

Last Sunday, hubby's sister arrived at our house.  It was nice to have her here.  Talking to another female my age is a treat for me.  My BFF is quite a few years younger than I am, so this was like really having a sister to talk to.

My SIL had just learned how to crochet when she arrived and wanted me to help her with her item she was working on.  I tried to crochet right handed and it was pretty funny.  She tried to take a photo but I moved out of the cameras line of sight.  In all, I think she put 4 stitches into her project while she was here.

With her learning crochet, I decided to start my one crochet project from my new list for this year.


This is the Sock Scrap Granny Stripe pattern.  It uses all those dribs and drabs of sock yarn that are left at the end of making socks.  It is a quick growing item even though it is done in fingering weight yarn.  The pattern says it is to be 36" wide and for some reason mine is 48" wide.  I was going to make this for a lapghan but it is soooo big.  Unless I turn it and let the stripes go vertically, then it would work.  I have time to decide.  It won't be done for a while yet.  

Monday, I was hustling around trying to get a Doctor's appointment for my SIL.  She was not feeling well and didn't know if it was female issues or a UTI or a Kidney problem.  I was lucky and was able to get her to my Doctor's office on Wednesday!

Tuesday SIL and I watched the first part of Hamilton on Disney+.  It was so good but we had a horrible time hearing it.  Come to find out, someone had changed the sound feature on our TV and that caused us to get too much background noise coming through.  I fixed it and now we can hear it so much better!

Wednesday, was laid back for us.  SIL went to the Doctor, got some antibiotics and an order for an ultrasound.  So, once again, I am scrambling to get her an appointment for that ASAP.  We did not know how long she was going to be staying here and wanted to get everything done before the next leg of her travels.

Thursday, I fixed our pool automatic fill and SIL and I went swimming for a couple of hours.  Hubby cleaned half the house while we were doing that.  In the afternoon I took SIL to get her ultrasound.  That night we ordered Italian food so none of us had to cook.

Friday, hubby cleaned the last half of the house and SIL and I watched the last half of Hamilton.  What a great show.  I want to watch it again in it's entirety at one sitting.  Friday night, SIL and I went to my son's house for game night with the family.  We got lucky and brought my Grand Daughter home with us for a sleep over.  We did a night swim after getting home and did not get to bed until 1AM!!!!!!  

Saturday.................this was craft day at my house.  Grand Daughter is turning 15 in August and is having an 80's themed party.  She bought tumblers for all her guests and wanted to put their names on the tumblers so they would have a little keepsake of the day.  SIL, Grand and I started working at 10 in the morning and finished about 4 in the afternoon.  We personalized all the tumblers as well as anything that did not stand still in my house LOL.  (4 water bottles, 2 bottle holders and 2 traveling water bottles)  



This is a sampling of the tumblers we did for the party.  My Cricut got a lot of use!  


I made the Grand do all the work and I just helped with holding things and SIL cut vinyl for us.  It was a great team effort.


Here is one of the traveling bottles we did.  While we worked, we listened to 80's rock on our Amazon Echo.  We had so much fun.


The song, "Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun" became our theme song for our crafting day.

I did work on my shawl a bit this past week and if I am lucky, I should be able to finish it this week.

This is the eyelet lace section I finished this week as well as some more garter stitch section.  It goes so fast..........or it did.  I am increasing every other row though so it is growing quickly too which slows it down a bit.

SIL left yesterday afternoon to go stay with her high school friend for a few days.  Then she will be going to Tucson to see her son and daughter in law who are in the Air Force.  She will return in about 10 days and then head to Las Vegas to see her mom.  She will stay there for at least a month and then head home to Colorado.

Today, hubby and I are going to Mass and then coming home and will relax a bit.  I want to work on my shawl and maybe make a couple of face masks.  There is also laundry to do, so I will be a little busy but not too much.

I will leave you with a chuckle.  Since I told you I was not going to do any projects that did not bring me joy.


Until Next Time............................Happy Crafting & Stay Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



14 comments:

  1. Hi Marsha!! :) I loved the Darth Vader knitting funny ha ha ha! And now I have Girls Just Wanna Have Fun in my brain. I was in high school in the 80's so all of those songs are my favourites. Actually when I was out the other day driving, I found an all 80's radio station! That was the day I got the bank financing so I knew my luck was changing! :) The tumblers look great, I hope your grand has a GRAND time at her party! Should be fun! I'd KILL for a swimming pool right now...it's so hot and humid here. The mosquitos are driving me nuts. I have no clue what's up with my washer...I hope to find time to get all of that done this week. I have officially ran out of socks and underwear lol...hand washing will begin tomorrow! I love the photos of you three, you look like you're having a blast! I hope your SIL doesn't have anything serious. UTI's are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it sounds like your visit went really good. A late night swim sounds absolutely wonderful too. I love that you are getting to craft with family. Spending time sewing, quilting and crocheting with my grandmother is a treat I'll never forget. I can only imagine how much my grandmother would have loved a cricut. I've been really on the fence about getting one, but perhaps once I clean out a few other things I'll have a good space for it.
    Your shawl is coming along beautifully! And i love your scrap strips, I've seen lots of squares but I think I like your strips better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "girls just wanna have fun" - I remember that when I was a girl! Brilliant to have three generations work together, and those tumbler look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun week you've had! I've heard that Sock Scrap granny stripe is addictive! Yours looks very pretty so far. You fixed the pool AND the t.v.? You're a whiz! You guys know how to have a good time! The tumblers turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun time and the water bottles look lovely and really professional. I listen to a lot of 80s music, it's so easy to ask Alexa to play it and I seem to remember all the words to all the songs and my husband is amazed as if you ask me at lunchtime what I had for breakfast I've forgotten! I feel so daft given your blog name, but do you have to knit right handed, or adapt all patterns to do them left handed. I guess your first row would go in the opposite direction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds as though you have had a great time
    How nice to have your granddaughter stay as well. I love how the shawl is looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved reading your recap of the week. The night swim sounds really cool. What fun you had with your SIL visiting and then the three of you crafting. I think those individualized tumblers are a terrific idea. Love the pictures! You all look like you belong to the same family or something ;^) - you and your SIL look like you could be sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun week you had. Love Darth Crafting and of course working on stuff you enjoy is key.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to read your post and see all the great pics. I am sooooooo jealous about your pool. Sigh. I wonder when I will ever get swimming again. I hope you SIL is on the mend, and what a nice hubby to clean the house while you swam. Sounds like heaven to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so envious of your pool. And a husband that cleans while you swim? How do I get me one of those? I hope your SIL is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that looks like such a lot of fun! Also your Darth Vader picture made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that looks like such a lot of fun! Also your Darth Vader picture made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures of you 3 girls!! Fun for all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, so much fun, it's so obvious in the photos that you had a great time! I love listening to 80s music while I do my household chores, just puts me in a good mood. I haven't tried it while crafting yet, so there's another project for the list. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.