YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Questions

The importance of women in academe asking bold questions

It has been a day where all I seem to come up with are questions.  I don't have all the answers though.  For instance;

Why oh why does my grocery store need to rearrange everything AGAIN?  This was done less than a year ago.  I am still trying to get used to that design and then today, they are rearranging it all over again.  Why?

Why does my male dog insist on cuddling with me when I am all hot and sweaty?  Do I look cold?  But, I can not make him move.  He just looks so sweet when he cuddles.

Why does my female dog not eat her breakfast until we are eating lunch?  Does she think we will feel sorry for her and give her people food?  After 12 years, she should know better.

How did this week fly by?  I woke up thinking it was Wednesday.  Surprise!

How many face masks can I get out of a fat quarter of material?  This one I have the answer to........................3-4 depending on the size of the mask.

Why did it take 5 mosquito bites before I was finally able to kill that little bugger.  SPLAT!

You get the idea, right?  Just one of those days where questions just keep popping up.

Hubby worked in the front yard, this morning, trimming up bushes.  He went out at 8am and it was already almost 100F!  Poor guy, is totally wiped out from the heat.

While he was busy sweating I went to the grocery store for our supplies for the next week and to use the coupons that were ready to expire.  I got lucky with the coupons, most of those items were also on sale!  Double win on that front.  I was lucky that the store was not busy at all.  Everyone was so pleasant today too.  Made the shopping trip almost a pleasure.  My check out person was super sweet too.  

Since I was out and about, I went and picked up my meds that had been ready for the past week.  When I go out I try and get all my errands done on one day.  

I plan on going out again tomorrow.  This time it will be to drop off a bunch of stuff to Goodwill and then a trip to JoAnn's for fabric.  The men in my life would like some sports related face masks.  Hopefully I will be able to find cotton fabric with everyone's favorite teams.  If not, generic sports will work fine too.  I also need more muslin for the lining of the masks.  I don't see mask wearing to stop anytime soon.........might as well make a bunch.  Flu season will be here soon and with Covid.......................yup, masks will be our best friends.

Gotta go and put my hard boiled eggs in the fridge.  Tonight we are having a chef salad.  It is too darn hot to cook!  109F at 2pm

Until next time....................happy crafting & stay well!

6 comments:

  1. I have one answer: Your grocery store rearranges all the time because it slows down shoppers and makes them look at more stuff -- and, they hope -- buy more stuff. They will say they are trying to improve the store, but that's a lie. (I was a temp for Pillsbury at one time, so this is inside info!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Caffeine Girl - it is a marketing method. I hate that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poor hubby! I took my walk yesterday and the humidity here just drains me and makes it hard to breathe. It was 80 when I was up at 4:30 a.m.! I won't mow when it's this hot but my new loppers came in so I need to get out and do some trimming.
    There are days like that when it just questions after questions. My week was full of roadblocks but I am slowly getting past them. I need to start making those masks too! Enjoy your chef's salad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this week sped by because we helped the kids with their move. I feel like I'm missing a few days (which I am). The grocery store used to be a fun thing but now it is NOT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know groceries change their layout for the purpose of keeping people in the store longer (and for new things to catch our eyes) - all so that we will buy more. While it's annoying, I get it. But right now it seems particularly at odds with the idea that we should get in and get out quickly in this time of COVID. So I have a question to add to yours... If masks can be mandated, why can't stores be mandated to stop doing this? Hmmmm???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always get a bit lost in Safeway since I don't shop there often enough. I wish Minnie was more cuddly with me; she supposedly is with her 8th grade mama.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.