YOP LIST 2023-2024

Friday, July 3, 2020

YES!

Just say YES. - George vs Life

Something got done today I have been meaning to do for a looooong time.  While hubby was finishing up the house cleaning, I holed up in my craftroom.  My buddy Enrique came in with me to help.  While in there I pulled out EVERY skein of sock yarn I own.  Even partial skeins were pulled out.  I should have taken a photo but I was on a roll and did not want to stop.  I separated the yarn into groups.

1. skeins that will be socks
    a.  Wool socks
    b. non wool socks

2. skeins that will become shawls
   a. shawls for me
   b. shawls for gifts

3. skeins that will become charity items
   a. shawls for prayer shawl ministry
   b. lapghans for prayer shawl ministry
   
Hopefully, this will help me when I find a pattern I just HAVE to make.  My next area to attack will be my DK/sport weight yarn.  Although, I do not have as much of that yarn.  When I started Year 9 of YOP I added up all the fingering yarn I owned (at that time) and had almost 22,000 miles of fingering weight yarn.  Naturally, I added to that amount this year when I went on my "Since my fiber fest got cancelled, I will purchase yarn from vendors who would have been there" shopping spree.

No, I did not take a tally of how many miles of fingering weight yarn I have at present time.  Let's just say...........it is A LOT!  So, my goal now is to find a lot of patterns for this yarn that, is not socks.  Preferably shawls and lapghans.  That will sure help with my charity knitting/crocheting this year.  

You know what this mean?  I need to go through my printed patterns again to see what I have that will work for some of that yarn.  Oh my, I can see where I am going to be quite busy for a while.  But then, what else do I have to do?  We are still being asked to stay home as much as possible.  Might as well make the best use of this time.  

On top of this.............I was asked to make face masks for a good friend's daughter.  The daughter is heading to college this fall and would like to have fashionable masks other than the 'medical' type masks her parents have.  Of course I said yes.  UGH!  No is just not something I can say when I know this will help protect someone from a deadly virus.

Besides that, my Cricut and I are going to be busy in the next couple of weeks.  The local Grand Daughter is turning 15 in a month and wants to have an 80's themed party with 7 of her closest friends.  She has neon colored tumblers purchased for each girl and would like me to do their names in permanent "neon" vinyl.  We ordered the vinyl yesterday.  Now I need to find a font that meets her approval and then get everyone's name ready to print and cut.   I have not used my Cricut since before Christmas last year.  Hope I remember how to do this.

So it seems, my next 4-6 weeks are pretty well filled up with projects.  When I retired, I dreamed of having as much time as I needed to fulfill my crafting dreams.  Never did I think it would take a pandemic for me to finally fulfill that dream.

Tonight, I am making Hatch Green Chili Meatloaf.  I made this once before and hubby and I loved it.  I will say, it has quite a 'bite' to it.  I do change just a couple of things in the recipe.  I use all 90% ground beef and instead of corn flakes I use oatmeal.  Other than that, I follow the recipe.  

We have already laid out ribs for hubby to smoke up tomorrow for the 4th.  We do not go anywhere on the 4th.  Our neighbors love to shoot off fireworks and our dogs are not fans.  They tremble most of the night even when we turn the TV up to drown out the noise of the fireworks.  Poor little things.  Enrique will bury himself under hubby's arm and Luna will curl up in my lap so I can wrap my arms around her.  Thunderstorms, wind storms and New Years fireworks do the same thing to them.  

What's for dinner at your place tonight?

Until next time...................happy crafting & stay well!  




3 comments:

  1. Oh, your poor pups. I never had any dogs that were afraid of noises or fireworks but I know many are. Of course, on the farm, there weren't any close to us although my kids and husband shot some off.
    I wish I had as much sock yarn as you! I have everything BUT sock yarn! LOL! Your granddaughter is so lucky to have you and so are your friends! YOu are so generous with your time and talents. The meatloaf and ribs sound good! I've got to go defrost my brats and then I'm making baked beans and either potato salad or macaroni salad...I haven't decided yet. That's for tomorrow. For tonight it will be the last BLT and some minestrone soup. I need to make some bread dough too. Happy 4th!!! Those ribs sound mighty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our cat, Nibbles (but we call her Sweetie or Miss Kitty), darts under the couch at thunder and fireworks. She is not a snuggler, so our laps are out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The meatloaf sounds good. I've been craving fish and chips, falafel, and gyros because of the cooking show I've been watching. Sorry your doggies suffer this time of the year. My neighbor's does too, even more so with her husband gone. She's thinking of getting some kind of thunder (?) vest for her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.