YOP LIST 2023-2024

Monday, July 13, 2020

Start You Engines

GATEWAY MATH: STANLY COMMUNITY COLLEGE - USAGATEWAY MATH: STANLY ...

Have you ever had a day where it was just too darn hard to get moving?  That was me today.  My to do list had quite a few items on it too.  It took me a good 4 hours before I convinced myself to get my engine going.

So far today I have, made the menus for 10 days, wound my clock, watered my plants, emptied the dishwasher, made tonight's dinner, filled out paperwork for the dogs vet appointment, cleaned the kitchen, and put a loaf of bread in the bread machine.  

It is now time to kick back until dinner time tonight.  Our daughter is coming over to join us tonight.  All I need to do is stick the dinner in my little smart oven to warm it up.  

I wanted to work on face masks today.  It doesn't look like I will be doing that though.  For some reason, my energy is just spent.  It might have something to do with the fact our temperatures are well over 110 for the past week.  That heat saps a person.  Even though I am not out in it too much, it still affects me.  

Speaking of face masks................I was asked to make the pleated type of face masks.  I declined.  Can you believe that?  I had tried to make the pleated before and it was not a pretty thing.  If you don't like the kind of masks I make, find someone else to make them for you!  Yup, I got a bit cranky.  After almost 70 face masks, for someone to come and want to know if I could make them MORE in another style was just too much for me to handle.  I had already made 10 masks for this person, all without charge.  How would you have handled it?  Was I wrong to respond like this?

Ok, I want to read a bit in my book and then pick up my knitting and crocheting.

Until next time................happy crafting & stay well!

6 comments:

  1. Givin that Cricut a workout! LOL on the Vader GIF. I posted the first, hubbie sock complete with heel turn and flap to The Imperial March (I think) because it was such a dark time of trial and tribulation knitting up those parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a late start, you had a productive day! I'm a few years younger than you (very few) and have to take a break after my morning exercises! Sometimes pain management is no fun. Being naturally nocturnal doesn't help much in this weather, either (Northeast Valley resident). Predawn starts are the order of the day to accomplish much through mid-September. sigh

    You handled the mask-making request much better than I would have! At age 50 I gave myself permission NOT to do things I really dislike. I try to be courteous, but can become just a bit testy when NO is delivered gently and courteously several times.

    Love your Grand's project--with her two assistants! She probably will remember that as much as she does her party! It was a pre-party!

    Stay cool!


    ... Taja

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. You truly made me laugh out loud with your "cranky" response. It sounds competely reasonable to me. I've been making it known I don't really want to make masks at this point so no one is asking me anymore. Now, last week I did offer SIL to make her more from some fabric of her mother's that I recently looked through and brought home. She didn't take me up on my offer. Made me kind of wonder if she didn't care so much for the style I made (mine are like yours). Or, it's possible that she will just use the ones I had made for my MIL if she needs more.

    I've never tried to make the pleated kind, and I don't want to take the time and effort to figure them out (no matter how easy anyone says they may be). For that reason alone, if I was asked to make them, I'm pretty sure I would decline. You have been way too generous to second guess if you're wrong. You're not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a pleated one yesterday as a back up one to keep in the car in case we go out forgetting one, they are a lot trickier to make and they are a bit harder to breath through I find, even in the same material. I can’t believe you’ve made so many already, and without charge, I’d start getting suspicious the person was selling them on! I know the situation is very bad in Arizona and many states in the US but you can’t feel guilty about saying no to making a different style or for saying no to making them for friends of friends. You’ve been extremely generous in the amount you’ve already made and people shouldn’t take that for granted or take advantage of your generous and charitable nature. It is ok to say no, you have definitely earned that right,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some people have a lot of nerve! You are so giving and generous of your time and talent! Some people are givers and some are takers. I thin we both know which one she is! How dare she! I'm mad for you! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I don't own a sewing machine so no-one asks me for anything! Haha. You should only do what you want.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.