YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

What a Day!

What A Day: Read this before the debate! | Crooked Media

We had so much fun last night.  The family arrived about 5:30.  Almost everyone went for a pre-dinner swim.  After dinner we got the dishes done, put everything away and then we all went for a post dinner swim.  It was so nice and refreshing.  Everyone left about 9:30.  I was bushed by then.  My bed was calling my name and I happily answered the call.

This morning, hubby got up as the sun was rising so he could do the yard work before it got too beastly hot outside.  He was done and back in the house by 7am.  That is when my SIL and myself woke up.

SIL and I kind of mapped out what we were going to do today.  We left the house about 9:30 to go and pick up SIL's ultrasound records so she can take them to her Dr at home.  After that, we went to the water mart to get our water jugs filled................again!  We are going through about 12 gallons of drinking water every 6-7 days.  That is how hot it is here.  From the water mart we went by my BFF's house to see how the roofers were doing.  We got to talk to her (outside) for a little bit too.  She gets to go back to work tomorrow and is thrilled as she is bored to tears.  From there we went and filled my car with gas.  While we were out, we decided to head to Costco as SIL wanted to pick up a few items before she left for Las Vegas.  That completed our errands.  

We came home and had a nice lunch of Tortellini salad.  We had found it at Costco and it was delicious.  As soon as lunch was over, we headed to my son's house.  I have been requested to curl the Grand Daughter's hair each day for her play performance that is being videoed.  We hung out there for a little while and chatted.  We are now at home watching "Greyhound" with Tom Hanks.  It is a good movie.

We got good news today, our daughter in law got her Covid 19 test results back (finally) and she is negative.  We figured she was but this was extra peace of mind.

I did have a little surprise waiting for me when we returned from our shopping trip.


My lovely friend in Las Vegas ordered this and sent it to me.  It is a sourdough starter crock from King Arthur Flour Company.  What a thoughtful gift.  I am so excited to start using it.  I just know it will make my sourdough starter really take off.  I love it!  Thank you so much, special friend!

Tonight, we are going to order Mexican food and take it easy.  I might get a chance to pick up one of my WIP's and work on it.  They have been ignored for 2 days.  

Who knows what tomorrow holds in store for us.  I do know I need to curl hair again tomorrow afternoon.  I was also asked to apply her eyeliner for the performance being done tomorrow.  I think SIL is going to take on that job for me.  I do not know when SIL is heading to Vegas, but we are really enjoying having her here...............well, I know I am.

Until next time................happy crafting & stay well!


5 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have so much family in visiting distance. My family is scattered across the country from Seattle to Miami. It will be a while until we can gather again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having a great week, Marsha. That sour dough starter crock is really nice. I look forward to hearing reports of how it's working. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great couple of days! Family is what it is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be so nice to have a Costco or get some good food that I didn't have to make myself! LOL! I guess I should get more frozen items. It sounds like you had a good time with your family and your SIL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.