YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Dog Days

Dog Days — Brand Identity — Betty Bone DesignsDog Days — Brand ...

Today, I did not have time to sit around and goof off.  Both of the dogs had their yearly exam at the vet.  Let me tell you about this little adventure.

First off, the dog owner is not allowed inside the clinic because of Covid19.   This does not bother my female at all.  She just loves to be on a leash and going somewhere.  The male is not fond of being separated from me and he shows his displeasure by flattening himself onto the ground and refusing to walk.  

So, here I am, sitting in my car, it is already 100 degrees outside in the shade so the car needs to be running with the A/C on.  Their appointment was at 10.  My call from the vet finally came in at 10:45.  I was informed they no longer waived heartworm tests even though preventives were given each month as prescribed.  That jumped my bill up a mighty bit.  I was also informed the female needed to have a dental done as well as have a lump from her left flank removed soon.  The vet said she would send out an estimate for that.

Finally, at 11:30, my dogs were returned to me so we could go home.  I also got the estimate for the dental and mass removal.  As soon as I saw the price I started crying.  It was more than my house payment!  Coming home in tears was not what hubby expected.  After I showed him the estimate he understood my dismay.  He was so sweet.  Told me not to worry about it and that we needed to get it done for her health.  

My next move was to call my BFF.  She works at a vet's office.  I read her the quote and what all was on it.  She was floored too.  After she calmed me down, she promised to get a quote from her office for me for the same procedures.  Not 15 minutes later I had the quote and it was half the price of MY vet's quote!  Come to find out, my vet sold his practice to another entity.  They are know for being the highest priced vet in the valley.  It would have been nice if I had been informed of that before now.

Needless to say...................I will be changing vets ASAP.  My BFF is off work for a few days but when she goes back, she is going to make an appointment for Luna for her checkup and then get her scheduled for her dental and mass removal.  Poor little girl dog!  She is the sweetest dog.  Would never hurt a fly and loves everyone.  All she wants is to be loved on and petted.  My little old lady, she is.  We estimate her age to be between 12 and 14.  I was informed, dogs of her breed can live up to 20 years, so we do have a few more years with her.

In other news................my BFF got tested for Covid yesterday. She doesn't think she has it but.......since she had a sore throat yesterday, her office made her get tested.  She can not go back to work until the results come back.  One of the Deacons at our church sent us an email last night............his son in law died Sunday morning from Covid complications.  He had no underlying medical conditions, was very young, and married with children.  What a shock that was!  

We have just finished lunch and are kicking back for the day.  I have chicken breasts in the crockpot for the dogs' added protein for their food.  Hubby and I are having Air Fryer pork chops tonight for dinner.  Not sure what will be served with it yet.  Maybe a nice salad.

How is your day going?  

OH!  I wanted to thank you guys for supporting me on my post yesterday.  You made me feel so much better.  

Until next time................happy crafting & stay well!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to find another vet for your dogs. We lost Mortimer due today so my junior is devastated and the rest of us are sad and miss her too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that you got a disturbingly high estimate on resolving Luna's issues, but really glad you're able to find another vet. Wow. And I'm sorry to hear that the SIL of a deacon in your church died from COVID complications. It's troubling to hear when a young person dies from this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m sorry to hear about your Deacon’s relative, so many people here had it very badly with no underlying conditions and many died. One of our breakfast show presenters husband was in a coma for months and is finally waking up and he had no underlying conditions, no fever and no cough. Others had it mildly but are now finding other long term complications.

    I’d definitely get a 2nd opinion on whether the dental work is even needed, our vets won’t do dental work unless it’s an emergency because the risks of them needing to be under anaesthetic aren’t worth it, Ylva snapped one of her canine fangs and even then they said it was safer leaving it and making sure it doesn’t get infected. She also has a fatty lump but they did a small injection to sample and found it was just a fatty lump and said to leave it as again not worth putting her under just to remove a harmless lump,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! 2020 feels like the worst year EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you got another estimate for Luna! So sad about the young man passing from COVID....it's is terrible! I always tell God, take me as my family is raised but I'm still here. that air fryer sounds better and better but it's not in the budget this month,too many birthdays and anniversary too. Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.