YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, July 5, 2020

YOP YEAR 10 WEEK 1 FINALLY!!!


I have been waiting soooo long for this day. This is the day I will be putting up my 'wish list' of projects for the next year.  But, before I do that, I need to show you what has happened this past week.  

I always consider July 1 as the beginning of my new year for this group.  That is my story and I am sticking to it!  That being said, I do have 2 finishes already for this YOP.


Hubby has a new pair of socks in his drawer.  I tried so hard to finish these by the end of June.  I even stayed up until midnight on the 30th trying to complete them.  They got done July 1 in the afternoon.  I am so glad to have these off the needles.  It was not a nice feeling superwash wool.


Then, I decided to do a quick project.  This is the "To the Point" shawl made with Heartland yarn.  It is a heavy worsted weight yarn so is a bit larger than the ones I make with Caron Simply Soft yarn.  I even had to go up to a J hook to make it look right.  Then there is the edging.


You probably can not see it................there are little sparkles in this edging.  I usually try to do something interesting for the edging of these shawls.  Just to add a little interest to them.

I did start another project right away.


This is called "Easy Does It".  It will be more of a shawlette when completed.  I am using one of my 'special' yarns I bought from my cancelled fiber fest shopping spree.  It is a superwash merino and so soft.  Fingers crossed, I will be able to wear this.  It will be my first time to try and wear any type of wool in years.


The pattern does have some interesting texture to it.  There will also be an eyelet section in a bit.  This is such an easy knit.  It is my TV project.

So, now, I will post my list of what I am hoping to accomplish this coming year.

SHAWLS

Easy Goes It - Started July 2
Agnes Shawl - Already have the yarn and pattern in a project bag
Boneset - Hopefully I will be able to actually follow the directions this time. It is bagged up.
Wolf Lichen - Already have the yarn and pattern in a project bag
Vermillion - Already have the yarn and pattern in a project bag

I am sure there will be other shawls.  There needs to be some pattern searching as I have two other project bags of yarn begging to be made into shawls.

SOCKS

Hermione Everyday Socks
Car Socks
Rose City Roller Socks

These are the three I will using this year.  I have tried many other patterns and these are the ones that I enjoy doing the most.  And this year, I want to do what I enjoy without adding stress.

DISHCLOTHS

Granny's Favorite Dishcloth
DW Dishcloth

I have quite a bit of cotton yarn still.  These two patterns are the ones that make me the happiest.

WORKS IN PROGRESS

Butterbeer socks (my design) - started 4/13/20 completed 7/1/20
It Really Fits Cardigan - started 9/23/19
Kidsilk Haze Shawl - started 9/20/19
Boxy Sweater (my design) - started 11/7/15

COUNTED CROSS STITCH

Cross
Madonna & Child
Friends are a Treasure
All things are Possible with God

These are all kits, so there will be no need to wait for materials.  I have already zig zagged the edges of the material on the two large project (the top two). 

CHARITY PROJECTS

To the Point - there will be several of these as this is my go to for Prayer Shawls
Socks Scrap Granny Stripe - will make this into lapghans
Face Masks - seems I will be making these even though I keep saying I am done.  Too many people are in need of them.  Since they can be washed and reused, it is cheaper than buying the disposable ones.

As always, if something else catches my eye, I will make it.  My biggest wish is to NOT
purchase anymore yarn this year.  Here is the caveat to that...........if, by some miracle, there is a fiber festival this coming year, hopefully, I will be able to attend it.  That being said, there would, naturally, be yarn purchased at that time.  Otherwise, there should be no reason for me to purchase any yarn for any project that comes my way. (Other than yarn for a baby project LOL) 

My worsted weight yarn stash


My DK and Sport weight yarn


My fingering weight yarn, before I cleaned it out and rearranged it.  It is much neater now.


The cubicles the yarn sits in is almost 15 inches deep.  Yes, I have yarn all the way to the back in each cubicle.  Now you see why I do not NEED any yarn this year.

It is not a huge list this year.  I have learned my lesson.  Only doing items that give me joy is my mantra this year.  Too often, I have done projects just to do a project.  I want to LOVE everything I make this year, whether it is for me or someone else.  

Today, hubby and I are waiting to hear when his sister will be arriving.  While waiting, I have a loaf of bread in the bread machine and made an Arizona Sunshine Pie.  Hopefully, the pie will be yummy.  It is very strange as you make it in a blender and the pour it into a pie crust to bake it.  You use fresh lemons.................just remove the seeds and use the rest of the lemon.  Yes, even the peel!


That is my Pampered Chef Deep Dish Pie Plate.  I love it!

Later on, I will be making doughnuts.  They will be a cinnamon spice doughnut from a spice cake mix.  You mix the cake mix with cinnamon applesauce.  That is all you do!  Simple.  I like that.  That will give us something yummy for breakfast for the next few days.  I so love Pinterest.  I got both, the pie recipe and the doughnut recipe from there.

Brats will be our dinner tonight, with sauerkraut.  One of my favorites.  I still need to make the pasta salad to go with it.  So, yes, I still have things to do today before I finally get a chance to pick my knitting back up.

Until Next Time....................Happy Crafting & Stay Well!!!!!!



14 comments:

  1. I see the sparkles! They are so subtle I love it! Did you use a carry along yarn to add them? I cannot imagine adding such tiny beads to a heavier yarn... Please share your secrets :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pie looks good enough to eat! lol. Love your list - not too big, not too small. Here's to a great Year 10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh your baking looks gorgeous - now I want pie! The socks and shawl are great. And your list looks fab, I am really looking forward to seeing you get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read of a recipe that has you grind up whole lemons...The pie looks interesting and tasty. I'll have to look that up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your list seems achievable, a good mix of projects and such a sensible view of only doing projects that bring you joy. In hindsight I probably should have stopped Tailfeather at the point I was starting to see it as a nemesis to be defeated. This year I shall follow your lead (like I seem to already have done with sock patterns and dish cloth patterns) and only do what brings me joy. When my mum used to make lemonade she’d use whole lemons and blend them with water and sugar in the liquidiser and it was delicious. Lemon is still one of my favourite flavours so your pie sounds great. Your yarn purchase caveat makes sense to me, I mean if you are going to a yarn festival it seems crazy to leave empty handed. One thing tailfeather has taught me is to not buy that weight of yarn unless for accessories, so single skeins are fine...well once I’ve worked through the stuff I have already. Your yarn is very well organised. I hope you are able to wear the wool shawlette when it’s made, perhaps because it is superwash it will be less likely to agitate your skin?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your list seems achievable, a good mix of projects and such a sensible view of only doing projects that bring you joy. In hindsight I probably should have stopped Tailfeather at the point I was starting to see it as a nemesis to be defeated. This year I shall follow your lead (like I seem to already have done with sock patterns and dish cloth patterns) and only do what brings me joy. When my mum used to make lemonade she’d use whole lemons and blend them with water and sugar in the liquidiser and it was delicious. Lemon is still one of my favourite flavours so your pie sounds great. Your yarn purchase caveat makes sense to me, I mean if you are going to a yarn festival it seems crazy to leave empty handed. One thing tailfeather has taught me is to not buy that weight of yarn unless for accessories, so single skeins are fine...well once I’ve worked through the stuff I have already. Your yarn is very well organised. I hope you are able to wear the wool shawlette when it’s made, perhaps because it is superwash it will be less likely to agitate your skin?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so right to only work on projects you enjoy! I love your list and I always love everything you do. I think the first socks I made were with superwash and never again! To the Point is always a winner! I love the symmetry of it. You don't let any grass grow under your feet! Look at how far you are on the Eas Does It already! What is the DW washcloth? I had no idea you designed your own patterns! You are amazing! I can barely follow a pattern much less design one! LOL!
    It seems I always need to order things. I hope someday I can just go to my crafts room and start a project with what I have. The Arizona Sunshine pie looks tasty! If it's good please share the recipe That's so nice you are having company. I'm having brats tonight too! I hope you get this comment as I have had problems with some. I have to go craft now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The socks for hubby are beautiful. That's a great stitch pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of only knitting things that make you happy. I'm trying really hard NOT to get sucked into making gifts that I don't enjoy knitting.
    You must have AC. We don't and baking is definitely not going on at my house. I do envy you. I miss baking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are really nice looking socks, Marsha. Your hubby is so fortunate - even though we know how knit-worthy he is. :) Oooh, and I like that slightly different (sparkly) shade you used in the border of your latest To The Point Shawl. Pretty! I look forward to seeing all your projects in YOP year 10. Even the masks... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! I look forward to seeing your progress. I am also on a yarn ban with the exception of fibre festivals.
    Also, that pie looks so amazing, I think i might have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mind if I steal that line about wanting to love everything you make this year, and stick a postit with it on my computer?
    I can't wait to see all the projects you end up making, especially the socks and shawls, of course. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like your idea of only working on things that bring you joy! Your list definitely looks achievable and I look forward to seeing you create the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great list, with a good amount of variety so you won't get bored. I look forward to seeing all of your projects. I think you've made great headway already!
    I love the color of those sock, butterbeer indeed. I'm going to keep your comment about loving all of your projects in mind. I think I have way too many love at first site projects that seem great but then loose their luster and i hate to admit defeat. I really like your wrap and the extra sparkle you add.
    I hope your visit went well and that you enjoyed those doughnuts, I'll have to look up that recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.