YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

LET THEM EAT CAKE

Let Them Eat Cake | Hot White Snow

This was a kitchen day.  Since we are gathering as a family tonight for dinner, I wanted to make sure everything was prepared long before they all showed up.

There are two crockpots going with chicken in them.  Once the chicken is finished cooking, I will be putting cut up refrigerated buttermilk biscuits in the crockpots to make the dumplings.  This is my all time favorite recipe and loved by my entire family.  

There will also be a nice garden salad to go with it.  The lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms and cucumbers have all been cleaned and cut up ready to go.  Store bought croutons as well as shredded cheese will also be available as toppings.  Ranch and Olive Garden Italian dressings will be offered as well.

Then, there is dessert.  I made an Easy French Strawberry Cake.  Here is a photo of it once it was finished.


I sprinkled a little powdered sugar on the top instead of the granulated sugar the recipe called for.   There will be whipping cream served with it too.

My daughter is allergic to strawberries so she is going to bring another dessert to share.  If anyone goes home hungry, it will not be my fault.

It sounds like there will be a little swimming happening tonight too.  Good thing we got the pool all cleaned up this weekend.  There has been quite a bit of wind lately so we have had lots of leaves in the pool.  

That is it for the day today.  I am going to kick back for a couple of hours and enjoy the quite before we get invaded.

Until next time..............happy crafting & stay well!

4 comments:

  1. Your meal sounds absolutely delicious! Wanting the recipe for your chicken and dumplings dish. It sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Chicken and Dumplings recipe. I am now following that site. Looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delish! And crockpot cooking is a great summer idea. I really want to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, please share the chicken and dumpling recipe! the strawberry cake looks yummy too! Enjoy your company.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.