YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

BAM!

BAM” Pop-Up $1 Bag Sale | A.K. Smiley Bookstore

And, just like that, I got energy today!  Finally!

I woke up nice and early (5) but lounged in bed until 6.  It felt good just to laze there for an hour.  I knew when I got up I had a to do list that HAD to be completed today.  Maybe, part of energy is a mind set.  You think?

So far today I have; made a loaf of bread, done a load of laundry, emptied the dishwasher, cleaned out the fridge, made a grocery list, hand washed the air fryer and deep dish pie plate, scrubbed counter tops and................wait for it................made face masks.

I got a message, yesterday, from a dear, dear friend.  Her significant other is unable to find a mask to fit him properly.  I told her I would make my largest size and send it to him.  If it fits, I will make him some more.  (Just because I really like this couple!)  I got it completed yesterday afternoon and ran straight away to the post office and mailed it.

After I finished all the kitchen cleaning, I headed back into my craft room.  I had promised our prayer partners I would make masks for their daughter in college.  I made one and will wait to see if it fits her ok.  If it does, I will make several more for her to wear to classes.

There are other masks I have cut out and have them partially sewn.  They will be worked on this afternoon.  I want to have a 'stash' of masks in all three sizes.  That way, if someone needs a mask, I will be able to grab one and give it to them.

I will leave you with a couple of photos of my fur babies.

Luna is camera shy.  As soon as I snapped this, she took off to another room.


My chunky monkey, Enrique, loves to have his photo taken.  If I say his name and he sees my phone or camera, he will freeze and wait for me to say I am done.

Until next time................happy crafting & stay well.

PS:  If anyone is concerned about Sam from farmgirlsam blog, she is unable to get her blog to allow her to blog and post it.  She is waiting to hear from google to find out what the issue is.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for filling us in on Sam! I wasn't worried, but I was wondering. Glad you had a full-of-energy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had energy...I have not! The heat here is even preventing me from walking! I have created this new blog but you can't get to it by searching...I've tried. I can only get to it through the Farmgirlsam blog on the dashboard so it is not a permanent solution. But if I comment on yours you can click on it and go there, I think. If so please leave a comment and I will blog there in the meantime.
    I need to make some masks for sure. They're $10 or more apiece on Etsy.
    You really got a lot done! I hope I do today...too much time spent trying to fix the blog! I can't blog, I can't take my walk....80 F at 4:30 this morning and very humid! Heat advisories every day!
    Your fur babies are so cute! Nitty never liked her picture taken either. She would always turn her head away if she saw the camera in my hand. LOL!
    Thank you for mentioning my blog problem, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's weird; I had lousy sleep last night, but I have more energy than yesterday. You are one, mask-making machine. Your recipients are super lucky to have you donate your time like this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.