YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

QUIET DAY

Quiet Day - Jesuit Institute South Africa

Hey guys.  How is your day going?  It has been a very laid back day here.  So laid back, I have not even made a 'to do' list for the day.  Probably will not make one until SIL leaves.  Feel strange to be this 'off the cuff'.  I am normally pretty regimented.

In the evenings, I have been working on my 'Easy Does It' shawl.  It is a nice relaxing knit and easy to do while talking or watching TV.  SIL has just learned to crochet and I am helping her a little bit with her project.  She is actually doing quite well for a beginner.  You would have laughed if you had seen me last night.  I was trying to crochet right handed to help her!!!!  SIL was even chuckling.  I had my tongue hanging out, head all cocked off to one side and fingers were all sorts of twisted up.  She is using a bulky weight yarn which is my nemesis anyway..........so it was humorous to see me trying.

SIL and I watched the first half of Hamilton this morning.  That was the highlight of our day.  Otherwise, we are just chatting away and enjoying each other's company.

We were going to hit the pool today but.................SIL wants to wait until she sees the Dr tomorrow to make sure it is ok for her to go swimming.  I am OK with that.  I don't blame her either.

SIL is taking a little nap right now.  I am sure, being away from home and sleeping in strange beds, is hard on her.  She has been doing this for over a month now.  I know that after a week away from my bed, I do not sleep well at all.  

Tonight is Taco Tuesday for us.  We still have some of those lovely tomatoes from my BIL's greenhouse he sent up to us.  I will get all the prepping of the veggies done in a little bit so all I need to do is cook the meat and heat up the taco shells at dinner time.  

Until next time...........happy crafting & stay well!

4 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine trying to crochet or knit with my non-dominant hand. Good for you, and good for your SIL that you would do that. Sounds like you had a very good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a trooper to try and crochet "backward"! LOL! I think I've lived alone so long I could not watch T.V. and knit and talk at the same time. I can't get much done when I have company either and why? You need to enjoy them while they're there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't Hamilton the bestest??? I love it! How nice to have someone crafting with you. I've been working on two lace shawls in the evenings, flipping between the two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMM! Tacos! We've been using the tortillas, sour cream, and shredded cheese with our OMAD sometimes. Those ingredients make it refreshing and delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.