YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, July 19, 2020

WEEK 3 of YOP 10


How are y'all doing today?  I hope your week treated you well.  I had a normal type of week.  Well, as normal as it can be with that nasty virus running amok.  Mostly stayed home until the end of the week when I did grocery shopping and made a trip to JoAnn's for fabric for face masks.

Yes, I am making face masks again.  There are just too many people out there that need them and do not have sewing machines to make them.  Of course, there is always the almighty internet, which has TONS of them for sale.  But hey, I am retired with lots of time on my hands.  The people I am making masks for are dear friends and family.  So how many did I make this week?  ELEVEN!  I will be making more over the next week and then I just might be done for a little while...............again.  We shall see.

I still had time to knit and crochet, though.  In fact, I finished my Easy Does Shawl.


As you can see, it is not the kind you would wrap around you for warmth.  It is more of a neck shawl.


This is it wrapped around my neck.  Yes, I know you can not see any part of me.  That was the idea LOL.  It is perfect for those places you go where they think it would be fun to have the A/C set on a North Pole setting.  I am quite happy with the way it turned out.  That makes three FO's in as many weeks!  No, I do not expect this to continue.

I did more rows on the Sock Scrap Granny blanket but did not figure a photo every week of a long term project was necessary.

Of course, with the shawl off the needles, I needed a new project.


Last night, I started another To The Point shawl.  It is a quick crochet that makes me happy.

I need to cast on some more socks yet.  There have not been any socks on my needles in over a week.  I know, it's hard for me to believe that too.  The biggest decision is which yarn I want to work with next.  I will be making crew socks so I want a yarn that does not 'bore' me half way into the sock.  At this point, I am leaning towards one of the wools I own.  Hubby really likes wool socks and I need to start using up some of that fiber.  I do think, I will use the Hermione's Everyday Sock pattern again.  It is just enough patterning so I do not get too bored and not so much patterning that self striping socks loose their appeal.

Hubby and I are getting ready to head to Mass (7AM) and then come home for breakfast.  We have an online conference this afternoon for 3 hours.  It was a conference we were going to attend but because of 'you know what' it was moved to online.  That will be a perfect time for me to work on the shawl uninterrupted.

Hubby's sister returns to our house tomorrow and will be here for a few days before heading to Las Vegas.  We have a family dinner planned for Tuesday evening.  This way, all of our in town kids get a chance to see her and visit with her for a little bit before she heads out.

Other than that............................we are staying home as much as possible.  We are still binge watching Stargate SG1 in the evenings.  We are waiting for our monsoons to arrive.  They are quite late this year and our heat is so oppressive because of it.  Thank goodness for our pool and A/C!

Until Next Time.........................Happy Crafting & Stay Well! 

17 comments:

  1. We don't get monsoons, but it feels like we could I've never seen such high humidity in Wisconsin.
    You cannot go wrong with Hermione's Everyday Socks. I just love that pattern.
    It's so great that you have family coming through. It's nice to see some different faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh, love your shawl! And how did you manage to blank out everything else in the second picture? I'd love to know!
    Great week you've had, hope the next one is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay... now I want a tutorial for how you cropped yourself out of that picture. Love your finished neck shawl, Marsha. That's a perfect name for these wraps. Hopey you (and we) get rain soon. Today has looked ominous, but so far - nothin'. Enjoy your SIL visiting again, and having your family together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The A/C set to North Pole? LOL. I know exactly what you mean, and your shawl will be perfect for that. And three F.O.s in as many weeks is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, monsoons? Now that sounds great, I love a good storm! Eleven masks? I haven't even made one for myself yet! I best get going!
    I love your Easy Does it shawl...so pretty. I might put that on my never-ending list! LOL! To the Point is always so pretty...there's something about it that I just love. I need to cast on some socks but I have so much going on right now yet I hate not having some socks to work on. I need to order that yarn you told me about too.
    You'll have a fun week with company coming and family over. Enjoy but be safe and well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s so cold here at the moment, I’m wearing shawls inside and out, it’s <55°F. I certainly remember the icy blasts you’d get in shops when I lived in Michigan though, so agree a shawl like that is perfect and very pretty too. You have clocked up 3 FOs on your list but if you count the bounty of facemasks you’ve made then really your FO list so far is way longer, I’ve packed my baby camel Easy Goes It shawl for the wildlife park tomorrow as it’s going to be even colder there...they seem similar but I think mine is larger, I wonder if it’s the same designer?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your finished shawl is perfect. I was picking sock yarn this week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Love your picture of you, the invisible woman, wearing the shawl!! Which is lovely.
    I am glad you are staying safe - the news of your state is worrisome for sure. As I have said a million times before I am so jealous of your pool. If the beaches weren't so crowded around here I would go into the ocean, but the crowds yesterday really freaked me out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its nice to have a go-to pattern that always works and make you happy! I have got to fine me one of those !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I might be one of the weirdos that enjoys an A/C unit set to North Pole! I do not like being overheated... I keep threatening to haul out my sewing machine to make some masks, but I have yet to do so... I will want to do so before the university opens up again late next month because I will need one for teaching class (that should be interesting!). I love your shawl and look forward to seeing the new one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Marsha :) I would LOVE to jump into your pool right now! We are in a heat wave, but rain is in the forecast for tonight, hopefully it'll cool things down. I love your shawls, they're so pretty. Nice job erasing yourself from the photo lol! How many pairs of socks do you knit each year??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gloomy and overcast here - good knitting weather

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your shawl is just lovely. The yarn you’ve used is beautiful colours.
    How do you cope in the weather? I’m a pure winter girl. The colder the better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your shawl is beautiful! I'm not a fan of the cold, so still wear full shawls in the summer in A/c. I get some looks, but don't care because I also can't take the North Pole cold, lol. I can't wait to see your Hermione's sock pattern. I'm going to have to check that out as I have a new Harry Potter fan in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Doing some small shawls or wraps like that are on my list of things I'd like to do. I agree it's nice to have something small available and stylish for when the Ac dips down in the freezer zone.
    We've been having heat wave after heat wave so it's hard to get into the cooler weather patterns but I know it will be here before we know it.
    I hope your sister in law in having a great trip and that you enjoy her return visit and that she gets to craft with you a bit more too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello! What a lovely neck wrap. What is the yarn? Sorry if I missed that. I'm new to YOP.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never experienced a monsoon. Our AC has been funning every day when the house heats up past 75°. You make me want to go to JoAnn's now so I can nosy about and buy more fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.