YOP LIST 2023-2024

Friday, July 17, 2020

It All Started......

How it began - Madeleine Editions ebook, bilingual, story

This is my story and I am sticking to it!

First thing this morning, I put a loaf of bread into the bread maker.  While it was baking, I moved furniture so hubby could clean half of the house today.  The bread finished and then hubby started his cleaning routine.  

Once hubby got going, I headed into my craft room to work on cutting out and sewing masks............again.  Three masks got cut out and one completely sewn.  By the time that was done, so was hubby.

Next item on my to do list was to take our 'donations' to Goodwill and get them out of our house.  I loaded up my car with the boxes of goodies and after lunch, made the trip to Goodwill to donate.  I was not the only one there either.  There were three of us donating today.  The young man who helped me was most courteous too.  It is so nice to have all those treasures out of the house.

From there, I headed to JoAnn's.  I wanted some 'masculine' fabric for face masks.  Let me back track a little here.  During lunch, my daughter had called and I mentioned to her I was going to make a JoAnn's run.  She wanted to know if they carried Minky Fleece material.  I told her I would look when I got there.  OK, so now on to the story of going to JoAnn's.

This was the first time I had been to JoAnn's since the pandemic hit.  There was a sign on their door stating only 58 people at one time were allowed to be in the store.  Sure enough, there was an employee keeping track of people coming in and going out.  They limit the number per square foot of the showroom floor.  I doubt there were even 30 people inside.

I found the material I wanted in about 20 minutes. However..................getting the material for my daughter....................that was another issue.  Take a look at what I ended up doing.


I spent more time sending photos for approval than I did waiting to get fabric cut.   It took me over an hour to get the material she approved of.  The photo on the bottom is what she finally decided on.  

I am home now and happy to be here.  Tonight, I am making cheese enchiladas.  Our enchiladas are made using green enchilada sauce.  The red sauce upsets my stomach so green is my friend.  There will be refried beans on the side too.  YUMMY!  

Fingers crossed......................I just might have a finished object for my Sunday post.  That would make me super happy.  Come back on Sunday to see if I did it or not.

Time to kick back and enjoy some down time with the hubby.

Until next time....................happy crafting & stay well!

4 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have a husband that cleans!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is lucky to have YOU who are so generous with your time and stamina to do that for her. :) I'm sure you were glad to do it. I'm just saying... Very nice mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently made a run to Joanne's, too. Why do some women drag along their husbands? All these men were rambling around aimlessly -- and not following social distancing! I got out of there as quickly as I could.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been back to JoAnn's yet. I would like some velvet for some scrunchies and more interfacing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.