YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Thursday's Treasures

Ancient Treasures by Dekogon Studios in Props - UE4 Marketplace

Today was the day I got treasures.  Both in the mail and also some finds at Walmart.  Yes, I finally ventured out of my house today.  I stopped over at our son's home to deliver him an extra large mask (it fits!) and to deliver a book and bookmark to our grand daughter.  While I was there, the grand and I decided to head to Walmart to see if we could find some fun material for face masks.  If she does go back to, in classroom school this fall, face masks will be required.  She would like to be able to change her mask twice each day.  I don't blame her.  They get so wet from breathing.

We did find some fun material at Walmart.


The space themed one is all of our favorites.  I am hoping to be able to get 5 masks out of it. (I got 2 fat quarters of it)  The red tractors is for my son and the yellow/gray one is for the grand.  She seemed to like it a lot.


The black plus signs I thought would be good masks for either male or female.  The middle material is muslin.  The light was shining on it making it look more like satin.  The bottom material is, again, something the grand wanted.  I think the bottom one will be hard to breath in and out of.  It has a very tight weave.  We will see.

It was kind of nice to be out of the house for a little bit with the Grand Daughter.  We so seldom get to do that anymore.  Thank you Covid19!

I got more treasures in the mail today too!


Now, I can read about our candidates and also all the other items on the Arizona August ballot.  I do like to be informed.


The Tupperware Silicone Doughnut maker arrived today too.  I am quite excited to try it out.  I might need to do that this weekend since I am expecting hubby's sister to come in then.

I have dinner in the crockpot.  It is a chicken/stuffing/green beans and cranberry recipe my Son in Law gave to me.  I have wanted to make it for several weeks but had a hard time finding fresh green beans.  He says they have it twice a month and love it.  Since we have Adoration tonight, I wanted something easy for me.  Crockpot for the win.

it is the time in the afternoon I normally get started on my fiber arts.  I am almost done with what I started yesterday.  I already have another project lined up once this one in finished.  Actually, I have several other projects lined up but am trying to only start one at a time.  We will see how long that lasts. LOL

Oh, this was something that just came across my news feed a little while ago.


This town is about 9 miles from my house.  If you have never been to Phoenix, let me tell you......there is no break between cities.  The only way you know you have gone from Mesa to Tempe is a sign on the road that says "Welcome to Tempe".  Anyway............I was incensed when I saw this article.  Doesn't anyone have any respect for others anymore?  Even my 14 yr old Grand Daughter told me, "I wear my mask because I care about other people.  I love you MiMi and would be so sad if you got sick and had to go to the hospital".  She GETS it!

Finally..................what the heck is going on with blogger?  I reverted back to the 'old blogger' format but...........when I load multiple photos into the 'insert image' file.....if I do not load them all onto my blog page itself, they will all disappear and I have to go back and get them again from my files!!!!  It used to be, I could put all the photos I wanted in there and then pick and choose the ones I needed to go with the story as I typed.  Anyone else have this issue or is it just me?  Did I explain that well or is it clear as mud?

Until next time......................happy crafting & stay well!


3 comments:

  1. I am using the new blogger and so far so good, I like it. We have been getting so many packages delivered it's like Christmas every day :) Love when I get a box even if it's a bike part that my husband bought (boring for me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having the exact same problem with the blogger!
    That recipe sounds good especially when someone you know gives it high marks! Glad you got out with your granddaughter!
    Greed and corruption seem to have become a way of life in our country nowadays. It makes me so sad because I had a totally different view of most Americans in our country but now feel like "the good ones" are in the minority. I am putting my money on the Millenials!
    You are going to town on your projects...they must be for YOP. I've started too but the one I started is giving me fits! Why is it, it takes me like 3 or 4 times before I "get" the directions and with this project I'm not sure I ever will. I have been watching a tutorial on it too!
    I'm hoping more "supplies" come in the mail today! Enjoy your Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do be vocal about how you like working with that silicone donut tray. And how fun to buy fabric at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.