YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Only Tuesday

100 Funny Tuesday Memes, Pictures & Images for Motivation

It really feels like this has been a long week and it is only Tuesday.  Maybe, because I got most of my housework done yesterday.  Since our Governor shut some businesses down again...............now I am trying to find things to keep me entertained at home.

When all the protests started two weeks ago, I told hubby "Just wait, in 2 weeks our COVID19 numbers are going to skyrocket".  And that is exactly what has happened.  Yes, peaceful protests are protected in our US Constitution.  I have no problem with that.  What I have a problem with is not wearing a mask and being 2 inches away from each other.  That is just plain silly with a pandemic going on.  By day 3 of the protests, people started wearing masks.  Too little, too late!  So now businesses are being closed again and this is going to cause a huge financial impact on our state and on the people who are unemployed AGAIN!  (SMH)

I had my telemed appointment this morning with my RA Dr.  She has not been into her office since March 11.  She has been doing telemed since then and is glad she is.  Most of her patients are pretty well controlled on their meds so she just needs to keep tabs on blood work and RX refills.  It was nice to be able to really talk with her and not feel rushed.  Also, I discovered she has a little dog that was happy she was working from home.  LOL

While I did that, hubby went to the grocery store for me and got our 10 day supplies.  One of us will need to go back for buns this weekend.  I didn't want to get them today as they dry out so fast.  We buy the ones from the deli as they taste better than the packaged ones.  Not to mention, I don't need 8 buns when 2 will do.

I have a loaf of bread in the bread machine.  It has about another 1.5 hours before it is done.  Did you know you can remove the paddle out of the bread maker after it's last 
"punch down''?  That way there is only a tiny little hole in the bottom of the bread when done baking.  Otherwise, you have a HUGE hole where the paddle was baked into the bread and you have to work it out and half of the bread comes with it.  Amazing what you learn from Pinterest.

As for the apple pie I made..............................so yummy!  We finally had a slice of it last night.  We both agreed it was perfect.  Not too sweet and not too tart.  I look forward to another piece tonight.  My mom always put a piece of cheddar cheese on top of her apple pie and would warm it in the microwave a bit to make the cheese soft.  That is quite yummy too.

I am going to head into my craftroom after I post this and start bagging up my Year 10 YOP projects.  Hopefully, if I bag them up, it will cause less stress as to what to work on next.  Since I have several patterns already matched with the yarn I want to use, this shouldn't take too long.  Maybe I can make this activity drag out for 5 days!

Can you tell I am going a little stir crazy?  I so want to head to WalMart for some sewing supplies but.............I don't feel like fighting crowds.  I would order it online, but what I want is not available for online ordering and curbside pickup.  JoAnna's was my next choice but, if you read my blog regularly, you know they require you to buy a certain amount of material if you do it online.  I do not need 5 yards of muslin or 2 yards of any one material.  I need fat quarters and they make you buy a bundle that is almost $40!  I don't need that many fat quarters either.  UGH!  Maybe, by tomorrow I will feel more adventurous.  

Have you learned anything new today?  From where did you learn it?

Until next time......................happy crafting & stay well!

4 comments:

  1. Our numbers went up here in CA too and even in my town. SMH. I'm heading out to Target tomorrow being extra cautious but glad they were vigilant on sanitizing everywhere and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We, here in Maryland, are still improving in our Covid numbers. Since so many places are rising again it is hard to know if our downward trend will continue. I read something on Facebook that describes this situation nationally. "There is no pee area in a pool." It went something like that, but the meaning is clear. If one state has a problem we all will have a problem. I fear this will be our life now until a vaccine is distributed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...I have good news for you! Go to TheLittleRedHenonline.com and you can order fat quarters and more! No minimum and their customer service is wonderful! You will spend hours looking at all their wonderful products and materials and kits! They are in Iowa but their shipping is fast although I haven't ordered anything since the pandemic but I'm sure they are still going strong.
    Thank you for the tip on the breadmaker! I need to order a new paddle but that is wonderful info about removing it...it was an issue!
    I am starting Jolly July today and then I need to do some outside work before it gets too hot and also "kit up" YOP projects! So exciting! I can't wait! Enjoy The Little Red Hen! I'm pretty sure you will! YOu will spend lots of time on their website and money too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. golly there was a hiccup in posting here! Anyways, I am staying home A LOT maybe one day the numbers will go down and I will emerge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.