YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday

Hello again.  How is you day going?  Have you found something to be thankful for today?

I am thankful for my hairstylist!  She is so sweet and always makes my hair happy.  I went to see her today.  We were trying to let my hair get a little longer than normal.............it was making me nuts.  I like to tuck my hair behind my ears as it gets longer.  With, wearing glasses and face masks, it was just too much stuff behind my ears and made me quite uncomfortable.  She and I agreed we would shorten the hair around the ears again but leave a bit more length on the top and in front of the ear.  It feels and looks so much better.  Thank you Sarah!



I go to Great Clips for my haircuts.  May I just say how impressed I am with their anti virus policy.  Everyone wears a mask (stylist and patron), the chairs are sanitized after each client, there is hand sanitizer at each station and at the cash register, only three people are allowed in the waiting area (6 ft distance between each person) and the capes are sanitized after each use.  This is their corporate policy.  I had a gift card to use today.  When the stylist had finished handling the gift card she rubbed hand sanitizer on it before handing it back to me wrapped in paper toweling.  Quite impressed!!!!

While I was gone, hubby worked on cleaning the living room, office, 2 guest rooms and my craft room.  I had moved quite a bit of items out of the way for him before I left.  I am so thankful for my husband.

He was not quite finished when I got home, so I hightailed it into my craft room and decided it would be fun to cut out more face masks.  Whoa!!!!!!!!  Have I lost my mind?


Seven more masks cut out.  One of them has already been finished.  After I post this I will be going back into my craftroom to work on more of them.  I am so thankful my mom taught me how to sew and use a sewing machine.

Last night, I was not in the mood to knit on hubby's long socks.  So I did what I love to do when I need to 'cleanse' my palette.


Another dishcloth was made in the Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth pattern.  I am so thankful my Grandma taught me how to knit and even more thankful my Mom was able to help me when I decided to start knitting again after not knitting for over 20 years.

My next item to be thankful for is technology.  I received a phone call from my Rheumatologist's office today.  She will be doing a TeleMed appointment with me next week.  This will be my first Telemed appointment and I am looking forward to it.  She is still seeing people in person only if they are having issues with their disease or if their blood work comes back all messed up.  My blood work from yesterday is already back and looks beautiful.  I am not having any severe issues with my RA so this will be so I can get my meds refilled.  Hmmmm........This means I don't need to get up super early to travel 30 minutes to her office!  Love it!

Until next time.....................happy crafting & stay well!




6 comments:

  1. Love you hair cut. My hair is short also, but it is more of a pixie cut because it is thin - not enough volume or texture for your cut. But I would have that if my hair was more voluminous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a telemed visit with my kidney doctor and loved it however I am seeing her for real in July. Glad your bloodwork is good!! Hurray for a haircut! Mine is scheduled for sometime at the end of July, I wasn't in any hurry to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry I'm not keeping up with you right now, Marsha. I know you'll understand, but this post was so uplifting I hope to be back to normal blog-hopping soon. I have to say you have some pretty and fun fabrics for mask making!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The material for your masks are pretty. Happy news about your bloodtests. Luv the haircut. It's really cute !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haircut. Nice fading in the layers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.