YOP LIST 2023-2024

Monday, June 15, 2020

A Little Later Than Usual

Partridge Cloud | sorry i'm late. i mean, i know i'm not late. i'm ...

Normally I have my blog posted hours before now.  With it being my husband's bday, I kind of have an excuse.  

Our daughter and Son in Law came by today.  She was going to bring us her homemade scones and my Pampered Chef order.  We got the scones..........not the Pampered Chef stuff.  She will come by tomorrow with the order.  She felt so bad.  It's not like I was going to bake a pie right away with my new deep dish pie pan.  Well, not today anyway.

Hubby and I did not do too much today.  I did one load of laundry out of the planned two loads.  Hubby watered the plants in the front yard.  That was about the extent of our activities.  Oh, I did empty the dishwasher.  Not a huge task but needed to be done.

Tonight, I took hubby to our favorite Italian Restaurant for his birthday dinner.  (This was his choice).  We went during happy hour as he wanted appetizers which are large enough to make a meal for us old folks.  Appetizers are half off during happy hour there.  We had Shrimp Scampi, Coconut Shrimp and Bruscetta.  It was all very yummy.  We also ordered an Antipasta Salad to bring home for tomorrow.  Where we were seated, there were 4 tables and we were the only people in that area.  It was almost like having the restaurant to ourselves.  Very nice and intimate.

We saw on the news tonight, Walmart is recalling 40,000 pounds of ground beef.  If you have bought any ground beef from them, please call and find out if the beef you have needs to be turned back in.  They have found E-coli in it.  Don't want any of y'all getting sick.  

We are home now and enjoying an after dinner cocktail (beer) while watching Stargate SG1.  We finished Stargate Atlantis last week and decided to watch the original series.  I know, we are doing it backwards.  

Did I tell y'all I ordered a doughnut pan from my friends Tupperware party?  I am going to try and make some fun and healthy snacks for the hubs and I.  My next purchase is going to be the snack bar pan from Pampered Chef.  Hubby likes little snacks mid afternoon and I want to know what he is eating instead of him eating the Adkins bars or other such things.  I have been on Pinterest looking for recipes for both pans and have found a lot of fun things to make. Question for y'all..............can I use a cake mix and put that into the doughnut rings to make cake doughnuts?  Or, can I make a from scratch cake mix and use that?  It would kind of be like doing cupcakes only with a hole in the middle.  Right?

The snack bars are going to be more challenging.  We are trying to limit his carbs and sugars and most recipes call for a lot of carb type foods and sugar laden items.  I will need to revamp many of them to  make it healthier.  But then, I do have plenty of time on my hands LOL.

I hope you have had a wonderful Monday.

Until next time...................happy crafting & stay well!




3 comments:

  1. That’s lovely that you managed to get out for a meal in a restaurant and an Italian one, I’m very jealous. I love Italian food and on 7th March our last meal in a restaurant was an Italian for our wedding anniversary. We are still in lockdown in Scotland and still only take aways, food shops, chemists and now garden nurseries open, I think it will be months before we can go in a restaurant to eat. Wales and Scotland are being slower to come out of lockdown than England and Northern Ireland. Perhaps we are waiting to see what happens there first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dinner out sounded wonderful! I would love to shop Pampered Chef....can I order from your daughter? Could she send me a catalog?
    I have a recipe for scones I've been meaning to make...thanks for the reminder! I hate to tell you but cake doughnuts don't sound like a healthy snack...lol! I've been watching Stitching the High Notes daily Vlog and she is eat ing vegan, gluten and paleo friendly and some of that looks mighty tasty! She made shortbread and it looked yum and she said it was. She has has several recipe sites she mentions and they are in her show notes. Plus, you can just Google healthy snack recipes etc. that should bring up some options. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so brave to eat in a restaurant. Sadly those aren't open yet for business around here, just curbside I think. I think you'd be able to use a cake mix in the donut pans. On Pinterest search for cake mix donuts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.