YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Well, Darn It!

Pixilart - Well darn by Ragga-the-rouge

You know the saying.............best laid plans..........................yup.  

Today was the day I was going to head to the grocery stores for our 10 days of groceries.  It didn't happen.  One of the stores I go to gives fuel points based on the amount of money spent during the visit.  Thursday is the day they double those points.  Guess who is going to the store tomorrow?  This lady.  Those double fuel points add up quickly.  Last month we got enough fuel points to knock $.70 off the price of a gallon of gas.  When gas is $2.35 a gallon knocking it down to $1.65 is pretty sweet.  I only need to fill my car once a month so it is a win win for me.  Hubby fills up at Sam's Club or Costco since he has a much smaller gas tank.

I still managed to do a little around the house though.  The dishwasher got emptied (again), shower got cleaned, I knit 21 rows on the shawl and tinked back 5 rows.  I should be able to finish the shawl either tonight or tomorrow............providing I do not need to keep tinking back.  I also got in some teeter time this morning to keep up with my exercising.

There was also some browsing the web for some recipes.  I love trying out new recipes and hubby is such a good sport about it.  Tonight will be air fryer boneless skinless chicken thighs.  There will be a nice green salad on the side.  Our heat outside is rising again so salads will start to be a regular part of our diet for the next 5 months.

I am also looking for refreshing dessert recipes.  Anyone have a suggestion?  Maybe something lemony?  

Speaking of weather.  We had 5 days of some, mild to us, weather.  It was so nice to get up in the morning and be able to go outside and not be hit with a blast furnace.  As of today, it ended.  Summer has arrived for us.  Those 5 days of cooler days dropped the pool temp back down below my comfort level.  That is why I have not been in for the past week.  With the heat back, it should warm up again in a day or two.  

Until next time................happy crafting & stay well!

2 comments:

  1. Best laid plans..yep, you and I are planners! I find it difficult down here because no one sets appointments; not the vet, not the car place....just come in and sit and wait and sometimes they just close up. No emergency numbers either. Very exasperating for a planner! :)
    Double gas points though are nothing to sneeze at! LOL! We have no discounts here either or sales. Captive audience and not a lot of competition.
    I'm hoping to get back to my knitting today... I need to watch videos and figure out that i-cord cast on.
    What is a "teeter"?
    You should try that Meditteranean Salad I posted....it's a keeper for sure and no lettuce involved but so good!
    Refreshing dessert? Lemon Meringue pie?
    We were hot and now we've cooled off so I will take advantage and mow today. Do you guys have to mow there? I hope you don't have to "tink back" anymore! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about those lemon donuts I had made :O)?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.