YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, June 7, 2020

The Countdown Continues



Three weeks!  That is all I have left in this, my 9th year, of Year of Projects.  What do you do when it is close to the end of the year?

You start another project.


Introducing "May I Borrow This, Please?" shawl.  As you can see I am moving right along on it.  I started it last night after we got home from our son's house.  So I worked on it for about 20 minutes is all.  The yarn is from Fiber Lady and is 70% bamboo 30% cotton called Makicot.  It is one of the skeins I purchased from my "darn it, my fiber fest got cancelled" shopping spree.

Don't worry, I did have a couple of finishes this week too.

My Harry Potter themed Bookmark.  My daughter got me this for Mothers Day.  It was a lot of fun to do.  I have several more counted cross stitch projects waiting to be started.  Will decide which one this week.

I also finished this:


The High Effects Feather and Fan shawl.  This thing took forever to get to the length I wanted it. The shawl is draped over a high top table chair.  I would say it is between 7 and 8 feet long and has LOTS of stretch to it.  I have tried it on and it is warm but not overly so.  It will be perfect for when we go to places with the A/C turned to frozen tundra settings.   I still have quite a bit of the yarn left over.  Not sure what I will do with the leftovers.  The texture of the yarn does not lend itself to things like hats or fingerless mitts.  Maybe a thin scarf?  

The other finish I have is:

Dishcloth #4 from the skein of yarn I have been working with for the past two weeks.  

Not pictured are two more face masks I made yesterday, for hubby and myself.  They are matching masks this time.  He laughed when he saw they matched.  I used muslin on the inside of the mask this time as it makes it a bit easier to breath and the muslin is a bit more absorbent than the fat quarter cotton I used in the others.  Since it seems we will be wearing masks for some time to come, I wanted to make sure they were comfy.

I worked on several other items this week.


Rose City Roller socks have heels in them and now, it is on to the foot part.

Do any of you remember the Rosary Cable Shawl I started sometime last year?  I pulled it out of hibernation and set to work on it again this week.  This is the other long term project I was hoping to complete this week.  If I really try, this should be completed before the end of this YOP year.  It needs a good 6-8 inches more on it before I will be happy with the size of it.  This will go into the Prayer Shawl ministry pile.  (Someday we will be able to meet again)

Then there were treasures in the mail this week.


Another needle minder


This came as an extra little gift with the needle minder. (It is a sticker that went to my Grand Daughter)


Acerich 2 Pack 13.5 Inch Stainless Steel Danish Dough Whisk Dutch ...

Danish dough whisks.  I have not used them yet.  I was going to make some sourdough with them but....................my starter is not cooperating......................again.

Then I got a gift from my hubby................


My favorite flower is the yellow rose.  I just wish they lasted longer.  They have been in my house for 3 days and the roses are already toast.

Yesterday, we went to my son's house as one of our nieces and her family came to town.  We had not seen her in over a year.  WOW!  Her kids have all grown so much and have such different personalities.  Our daughter and her husband joined us and brought a special treat for the kids.


Can you see what Josie is holding in her arms?  It is a 5 week old puppy.  Her name is Bailey and belongs to our daughter and her husband.  This was so special for the children.  Josie had to say goodbye to her 17 year old cat 2 weeks ago and Kaleb (He is on the left) had to say goodbye to their 8 year old dog 10 days ago.  They have all been very sad since then.


This puppy helped to heal them a bit.  Kaleb even said it might be nice to have another dog again.  Before Bailey showed up, he said he would never have another dog as it was too hard to say goodbye.  What a hard lesson for a 10 year old boy to go through.

I did not get photos of the other 2 little ones as they moved quicker than a race horse.  Not to mention they were tired and wanted only mommy and daddy.  (They are 2 and 4)  

It was a nice day and we stayed outside the whole time.  Our niece and family are leaving this morning to head back home (Las Vegas).  It was so good to see them.  She said her office has decided to let all their employees work from home from now on.  She is thrilled with this.  Saves her lots of travel time going to and from work.  She will only need to go into the office once a week for a meeting.  So there has been a silver lining to their stay at home orders.

I got one of the best surprises this week.


This is our oldest Grand Son!  Getting this photo of him made my heart swell with so much love.  He lives in Texas.  Since we have not been able to travel this year, I have missed seeing my TX Grands so much.  Just getting to talk to them on the phone or getting a photo of them makes me happy.  It also makes me miss them all the more.  The above grand son gives the BESTEST hugs ever.  (He knows it too LOL)  I am hoping there will soon be a solution to all this virus stuff so we can travel and I can go and see my TX Grands.  They neeeeeed me!

I plan on taking it easy today.  My RA is in a bit of a flare.  Not sure why, but will listen to my body and take things slow and easy for the day.  Hopefully, I can find a project or two to work on (Said with a wink).

I hope you are all doing well.  

Until Next Time...........................Happy Crafting & Stay Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I had no idea feather and fan was so huge! It looks amazing and I feel you deserve a medal for finishing something so large and intricate in fine yarn! I'm glad you are getting to see some family even though you aren't getting to see your Texas family. Your grandson is very handsome...but in case we weren't wowed enough you've included a puppy!! I can't bare the idea of when our dog goes, and not sure how my husband would handle it. Hopefully a long way off. Puppies are my go to videos when I'm in a blue mood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your High Effects Feather and Fan shawl is gorgeous, Marsha. I love the color!!! I'm glad your temps were comfortable for a day outside visiting with your family. The grands look grand - and happy to have a new furbaby to love on. And I can imagine how happy it made you to receive the picture from your oldest grandson. And what a good picture it is! I hope you get to see your Texas family soon, too. I wonder with the amount of heat you have in the south if the virus gets cooked before it can cause much damage. I haven't even paid attention to numbers for several weeks. Since we're of a mind that we're holding down the fort for probably a month and a half more (at least), I don't torture myself with what is possible to do (knowing it's still pitiful little).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feather and Fan is perfect for those overly active air conditioner buildings and I love the colour. Your pics of your family are so lovely, and oh my that puppy is a sweetie. You have been busy with socks and shawls, masks and family. Thank you for sharing your TX grandson's pic. My he is handsome and a charmer I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sending prayers that your flare is over quickly! What a handsome grand!! Love your feather and fan project, that stitch pattern reminds me of my mother so much, she used that pattern on nearly all the baby blankets she made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That shawl (Fan and Feather)is huge! You get so much done! I would use shawls too if I went to those heavily air-conditioned places. They're perfect for that! BTW, AC is hard on RA and I try to keep mine not too cold. It is not good for your joints but in the heat you need it! I remember once when my daughter was staying, she got up in the night and turned the ac way down and when I got up I was as stiff as a board!
    I always start projects right before the next YOP...what's up with that? Living on the edge? your new shawl is going to be a stunner with that gorgeous yarn.
    Congrats on finishing the bookmark...very nice.
    Good for you sticking with the dishcloths.
    I need to make some masks evidently as this virus is not going to go away for a long time. Remember when they used to have matching shirts etc. for couples? My boyfriend and I had them when we were in HS. It was all the rage back then.
    Those Rose City Rollers are either going to be cast on or put on YOP for July 1st! I think I need yarn too....oh yeah...I do! LOL!
    I don't remember the Rosary Cable shawl but then I don't remember a lot of things! LOL! Very pretty with the light blue yarn.
    I need more needle minders! That one is so cute with the hedgehog. I've never seen Danish dough hooks....how do you use them? For mixing dough by hand? They look a little fragile.
    Your roses are gorgeous. Was that for your birthday?
    That was very timely to bring the puppy for the 2 grands that lost pets. I'm sure that was very healing for them. Who doesn't love a puppy?
    Your grandson is so handsome! He could be a model! Have a good week, stay safe and I hope your sourdough starts "behaving"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a handsome looking grandson. So grown. My only grandchild is just 2. My kids got started late in baby making and will probably stop with just one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to get a new puppy. That shawl is huge. Kudos to you on working that for so long to get it that size. Hope your grandson's doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have been taking care of yourself this week! The shawl is splendid and how nice to see some of your family again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.