YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, June 21, 2020

WEEK 51 OF YOP 9


Hello lovelies.  I hope you are all doing well on this fine summer day.  We went to Mass at 7 this morning.  Dang, that is an early hour to be up and functioning.  Yet, it leaves the whole day open for us to do what we want/need to do.  

Right now, we are getting ready to host a HUGE Fathers Day party.  I'm joking.  It will be just 5 of us.  Our son and his family plus hubby and myself.  There will be swimming, food and fun.  Hopefully, us girls will be able to squeeze in a game or two of cards while the guys are watching a golf tournament.  Hubby has a brisket in the smoker.  I have a loaf of bread in the bread machine.  Daugher in Law is bringing a pasta salad.  There will be cheese, summer sausage, onion dip, chips and crackers for snacks.  No one leaves my house hungry!  

Wanna see what I accomplished this week on the crafting front? Of course you do, or you wouldn't be here, right?


The Rose City Roller socks are completed and in hubby's drawer. You can see Enrique is not impressed with the FO.  Yet, he is never far from my side.  He definitely is my dog.


I also finished sewing all the sequins on this Jim Shore nativity scene.  This was a lovely project to do during the evenings when watching TV.  

The only other crafting I did this week was sew these:


This only shows the first 6 I made on Friday.  I made another 6 on Saturday.  They have all been delivered to the lady who requested them.  She kept offering to pay me for my time.  I told her the payment would be for her to NOT tell anyone who made these!!!!  I still need to make a few more for hubby and myself.  We are now under a mandatory face mask policy here in our area.  We kind of figured this would happen since Arizona is one of the top three states where the numbers are increasing at an alarming rate.  (Texas and Florida are the other two)

Next week I will be doing a wrap up of what was accomplished this year.  This is the time of year I am glad I keep a spread sheet of all the projects I start and finish from July - June.  Otherwise, I would be scrambling for the info.  

Those of you who make lists for YOP, have you gotten your next one figured out?   I just started on mine last night.  For some reason, I just can not seem to pin down exactly what I want to accomplish for the next YOP.  It must be pandemic brain LOL.  This has never been an issue before.  Maybe some divine revelation will come over me in the next 2 weeks.  It's not like I don't have any stash to work from.

Until Next Time..............................Happy Crafting & Stay Well!!!!!!!!!!!!







7 comments:

  1. Well, I'll be honest. Most of my list is things I didn't get to on this years list...as my list was crazy long, I was making things for the shop and I got distracted by making loads of accessories. I'd struggle starting from scratch I think. Great socks! Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, well there you go...RCR's will be on my list! I love your Jim Shore picture and that did look like it would be fun to work on. What a lovely Father's Day you all will have. That brisket and all that food sounds delish! And that pool! It wouldn't be bad to isolate at your house! LOL!
    What pattern did you use for your masks? I need to make some as mine are just paper and I need something sturdier and washable.
    Enjoy your day!
    Oh, I get a lot of inspiration from podcasts and then also from some magazines I have and books. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ll be new to YoP this year so I had to start from scratch when I was making my list. I kind of did it in broad categories rather than really specific plans, so we’ll see how that goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of the rcr socks and your dog. The angle makes it look like the socks are very big or your puppy is very small. He could fit right into one of them. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm... I need to make me some pasta salad. I have all the fixin's. I just need to make it!

    The finished socks are beautiful, even if Enrique isn't impressed.

    Beautiful masks, too. I laughed out loud when you said how your friend could pay you. You know I'm with you there! Reading your previous post (because I'm trying to catch up) I'm reminded that I have said in the past, "a mask takes about 20 -30 minutes to make". But that simply doesn't take into account all the cutting and ironing, and thread changing, and any number of little adjustments that may need to be considerd and made in the making of them.

    I need to sit myself down this week and work on a wrap-up YOP post. I don't have to give any thought to the new YOP year since I just go with the flow. I look forward to seeing what you put together, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the yarn you have used for the rcr, they are fabulous. My posts and list is pretty much ready, even though I achieved very little from last year's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a quiet FD here, left the husband alone in piece and made sure to cook and bake what he liked.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.