YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, June 14, 2020

TWO TO GO! WEEK 50


Whoosh..................that is the sound of this past week going by.  Anybody else feel like time is speeding up?  I was told, the older we get, the faster time goes by.  Probably because we don't move as fast as we did in our youth.

We just got home from Mass and are having a little breakfast.  This makes it the perfect time for me to do my update.  Hubby is making out a small grocery list for today.  I will go get the items in a little bit.  First though.....................my update.  

There are only 2 weeks left in this YOP year (for those of us going from July thru June).  In all honesty, there is really only 1 week left for an update and then the next week will be the wrap up of what we accomplished for the year.  

I have an FO for the week!

The "May I Borrow This, Please" shawl is completed.  It only took 4 days to do this shawlette.  I was amazed how fast it went.  Even though I was tinking back quite often because of silly amateurish mistakes.


There is a lot of texture to this shawl.  That made it quite a bit more interesting to knit.  The colors changing every few stitches helped too.

It is perfect to wear around the neck.  The above photo is actually me wearing it.  I just cut 'me' out of it since the shirt I had on clashed horribly with the shawlette.

There was another FO this week too.  Can you believe it?  Two FO's in one week!


The Cabled Rosary Shawl got completed.  I have no idea why it is slanted like that.  I tried blocking it but it still slants.  It is a cotton/acrylic blend and I think the acrylic is leading the way on this.  This will go to the prayer shawl ministry.

After those were finished, I picked up the socks I was working on.


I don't know if you can see where the DPN is woven into the sock just below the working DPN's.  I only got 5 rows on each of these socks done this week.  The wool in these socks makes my hands sweat so not my favorite item to work on when it is so hot here.


You can probably see where the non working DPN is woven into this sock. That is where I was when I picked these up this week.  Both of these socks are at the same place.  I have a feeling these will be my main project this week.  This yarn doesn't affect me like the wool.

I have not touched any of my stitchery projects.  Maybe after the end of this YOP I will get back into doing them.  For some reason, starting them is the hard part.  Yet, once I have them started, I have a hard time putting them down.

Tomorrow is hubby's birthday.  I have no idea what he wants to do for the day.  Usually he just prefers to hang around the house and watch sports.  Hanging around the house is not an issue, but watching sports is not going to happen this year.  I might need to find a good sports related movie (that we haven't seen) and watch that with him.  Also, on his birthday, he gets to choose what he wants for dinner.  So far, he has not put in his request.  I was kind of hoping he would tell me before I head to the store for the few essentials I forgot this past week to get.

Remember the little puppy I had on my blog last week?


This little thing?  That is Bailey with my Grand Josie.  Take a look at how much difference a week makes.

Same dog.  When the sunlight hits her directly, she is more of a sable color.  She is growing quickly.  She is now 6 weeks old.  I have a feeling she is going to be a bigger dog than they thought she would be.  But she is darn cute anyway.

Would you like to join us for Year of Projects?  Anyone can join.  You don't have to be a knitter.  We have quilters, sewers, crocheters, cross stitchers even people that paint and draw. (You know, those artsy type folks)  We would love to meet you and see what things you make.  If interested go to this website and have a look around.  We are all very friendly and nonjudgmental.  We don't discuss politics, religion, or anything else controversial.  It is strictly a place to talk about crafting and other happy things.  (Like puppy pictures)  The only requirement is, you need to be a member of Ravelry.  (It is FREE!)  

That is all for me for today.  I want to get to the store and home so I can take advantage of some water aerobics this afternoon.  That would make 3 water days and 2 indoor teeter days.  I feel so much better when I exercise.  

This is the teeter freestep I use.

Teeter FreeStep Full Review (after 3+ months of use)

Perfect for me with my RA.  No real strain on any joint.

Until Next Time............................Happy Crafting & Stay Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


6 comments:

  1. So jealous about your pool. I would love to get in some water aerobics, or laps, or anything swimming related really. That puppy is adorable!! I love the shawl - the stitch and the colours. Interesting how some scarfs take on a will of their own shapewise. The rosary pattern is very nice. Hope you get further on your socks this coming week. Happy birthday tomorrow to your hubby. I am sure you will celebrate him well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shawls and the socks, but the puppy takes it! Hope your hubby has a great day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how much you got done! 2 shawls and housework and exercise and socks and swimming and church and shopping! You are amazing! I love your blocking pins. They look like they would be easy to use. The socks are looking good and I can't wait to see your list for this coming year! You go girl! Happy Birthday to your husband too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two FOs in one week, wow! I like the shawlette, the colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of the shawl being worn by invisible you 😀. I wouldn’t mention that the slanting of the prayer shawl isn’t intentional, at the moment it looks like part of the design and the recipient will be grateful I’m sure. Another cute pup photo! I heard a theory about the passing of time...for a 6 year old a year is 1/6th of their life to date...so like 4 hours in a 24 hour day. For a 60 year old a year is 1/60th of their life, so like 24 mins of a 24 hour day. It made sense to me, but still I am getting blown away at how fast life flies by and I’m 48...I’d need a calculator to work that one out. 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  6. *claps* Solid jobs on your two FO's. I'd love to join in again on YOP but I'm a rebel. Have fun again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.