YOP LIST 2023-2024

Monday, June 8, 2020

It Worked!

It worked - Evil Plotting Raccoon - quickmeme

As I have said before........................it doesn't take much to make me happy.  I am very happy right now too.

Yesterday, I fed my sourdough starter, as usual.  By early evening, I noticed it was really taking off and growing.  A happy dance happened in my kitchen.  I grabbed my sourdough recipe and decided to go ahead and get the dough started so I could bake it today.  It takes up to 12 hours for the dough to rise properly.  I got to use my new Danish Dough Whisk.  It works fantastic!!!!

This is the second time I have tried to make sourdough.  I did learn from the first time, NOT to cook it the last 10 minutes the recipe calls to do, directly on the oven rack.  I did that last time and ended up with a lovely door stop.

The bread got 'kneaded' a bit this morning and I put it in the proofing basket for it's last 'rise'.  Out of the proofing basket, into the dutch oven and into a 450F oven.  It cooks for 20 minutes covered and 30 minutes uncovered.

What do you think?


Of course, we won't know for sure if it is perfect until we cut into it and taste it.  It has the 'hollow' sound the recipe said it needed to have to make sure it was done.  We will cut into it later this afternoon for a little snack.

I put the starter into the refrigerator as I do not plan on making sourdough everyday.  Maybe once a week though.  I also want to try sourdough English muffins, tortillas, pancakes and pizza dough.

I am so glad you all liked the puppy photos from yesterday's blog post.  I have one more for you.


From what I heard, this little puppy slept all night after her debut at the family gathering.  

Also..............as for the photo of my Grand Son.  I have been telling him for years he needs to go into modeling.  He says he is too short to model.  I don't think that is the reason.  Not sure what the real reason is but...................even if I wasn't his MiMi, I would think he was one handsome guy.  His younger brother actually tried out for a couple of modeling gigs but was not fond of it.  (He is a handsome guy too LOL)  Heck.....................ALL my grands are good looking.  Just ask me 😂😂😂😂

My only other accomplishment for the day, so far, is making menus for the next 10 days as well as a grocery list.  I will probably wait to go to the store until Tuesday or Wednesday.

The plan for the rest of today is working on the Rosary Cable Shawl.  It is so close to being completed.  I want it done and off the needles so I can concentrate on other WIP's.  

How many of you YOPers already have a list composed for next year?  Not me!  Haven't even started one.  Looking at my stash, I realize, I added too much to it.  Even though I cleaned it out twice, this past year, it looks larger now than it did at the beginning of last year's YOP.  UGH!  I'm a hopeless yarnaholic.

Until next time.........................happy crafting & stay well!!!!!



5 comments:

  1. I’m so pleased you’ve cracked it with the bread...I have friends who have given up on it now as it keeps failing. Thanks for treating us to another puppy photo 😁. My YOP list for next year is enormous!!! Totally unachievable but I’m finding it hard to slim it down. I should maybe convert it to a 5 year list and then just pull out the things I could achieve in 12 months. It’s the equivalent of my eyes being too big for my belly 🤣😆

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What a beautiful loaf of sourdough bread! WooHoo!
    That puppy is so cute and I bet he did sleep all night after all that exercise! LOL! I need to make my menu and grocery list today and then place my order so I can pick it up tomorrow.
    I have not started my YOP list for this next year but I do have some ideas running around in my head if that counts? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'll be neat to see what your bread looks like inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bread is beautiful! What an interesting shape it took on. I agree with Stef. It would be fun to see what it looks like inside.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.