YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, June 4, 2020

HOW DEEE! Minnie Pearl My Morning Doodle | Meme on ME.ME

Hopefully, some of you are old enough to remember the above person who made saying 'howdy' a whole new language.  My folks loved to watch Minnie Pearl and of course, with only one TV in the house, us kids did not have a choice but to watch what they did.  My Dad was a country boy at heart. He loved Tennessee Ernie Ford, The Grand Ole Opry, Porter Wagner, Conway Twitty, Charlie Pride, Hee Haw............just to name a few.  My mom was partial to Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Andy Williams and all those crooners that sang love songs back in the day.

My brother and I were rebels.  We were products of the 60's and 70's.  So we were right in the throws of Woodstock and the Vietnam War.  My brother was a big Beach Boys fan,I was more Peter, Paul and Mary type.  But then came the British Invasion.  It totally rocked my world.  My brother was not as big a fan as I was.  By the time Woodstock came around, I was totally infatuated with Janis Joplin, Jimmy Hendrix, Joan Baez, Sly and the Family Stone, etc.  The British Invasion groups were taking a back seat to Woodstock.  Well, other than the Beatles.  

These days, I am pretty open to most music. (Not so much opera though)  I love mo-town, rock and roll, some heavy metal, easy listening, classical, a little country.  Yet, most of the time I listen to Contemporary Christian music.  Big change from Woodstock, huh. LOL

OK, so that was not what I had planned to write about today.  WHOA!  I guess sometimes, that type of thing happens.

I am sitting in my craft room writing today as Hubby wanted to mop the floors where I normally sit and write.  I have a couple of really brave dogs in here with me.  (They do not like cleaning days)

This morning I did get a loaf of bread in the bread machine.  It should be done in about 30 minutes.  I finally got all the laundry put away.  (No, laundry does not belong folded in a laundry basket LOL)  I have worked with my sourdough starter in hopes I can get it to take off again so I can make a loaf of sourdough in the next day or two.  The starter (Emilie) has been doing well.  I just needed to do a little more feeding so she would swell up a bit more.  After lunch, I will be going into the pool for some more water aerobics.  I did not go yesterday as I was wanting the sunburn I got the other day to settle down.  It was not a bad burn, just a little pink on the shoulders.  (And that is with sunscreen 50 on!)

Each evening, I have been working on my WIP's.  I have 2 finished and am hoping to finish a third before Sunday's wrap up.  Tune in Sunday to see which projects have been completed.


My daughter and her husband, gave me these flowers for my birthday, Monday.  I smile each time I walk by them.  They are such happy flowers and such pretty colors.  

I found a funny to leave with you today.


Until next time...................happy crafting & stay well!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your trip down Musical Memory Lane. I was 10 when Woodstock happened (and was completely oblivious), but with older sisters I was aware of how popular were the Beatles, though I don't think they were allowed to own any of the their albums. lol I do remember listening to a Herman's Hermits album, though, and playing it just now on youtube I can almost still keep up with I'm Leaniig on the Lamp Post. By my late teens years I was more into country, folk and ballad singers and loved me some sad love songs. I was a melancholic romantic dreamer - too shy to talk to boys through much of highschool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was part of the 60's generation and remember Minnie Pearl and all the rest! It's supposed to be in the 90's today so I wish I had a pool! Although there are also storms coming so probably wouldn't be in it anyway.
    I hope your sourdough "blooms" for you. Your flowers are so pretty! I am hoping to work on some crafts today also and maybe finish something for a change??? LOL! Cute joke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, sorry...a belated, happy birthday to you. Gerber daisies always bring a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.