YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, June 28, 2020

WEEK 52, THE WRAP UP


This is my favorite post of the year.  Make that, my second favorite post.  My #1 favorite will be posted next week.................."THE LIST".  

After adding up all the items I completed this year, the total came to 165 items.  Unbelievable, right?  There still remains 4 WIP's waiting to be completed.  Let's take a look at what was accomplished. (No, I did not post 165 photos............that would have just been too crazy)

YOP 9 GOALS

Finish Boxy Sweater started in 2015   ZERO WORK DONE ON IT

Finish Eva Shawl started in 2011  FROGGED

Finish Forrest Path Shawl started in 2018  Completed 

Summer Top for me  Decided to use the yarn for next years project

Cardigan for me  HAVE 1.5 SLEEVES AND BUTTON BAND LEFT TO DO
  It Really Fits  Cardigan 

Short Socks   5 PAIRS COMPLETED

Regular Socks  2 PAIR DONE AND 1 PAIR ON THE NEEDLES

Project bags/totes  ZERO

Market bags  ZERO

Produce Bags  ZERO

Tissue Box Covers  ZERO

Plastic Canvas Nativity bought in 2009  CUT OUT A FEW PIECES

Bookmarks  ZERO

Shawls for both Prayer Shawl and Personal  COMPLETED AND 1 ON THE NEEDLES

Blanket/Throw  40 VICTORIAN LACE SQUARES DONE

Dishcloths  22 completed

Doilies/Table Runners  ZERO

Baby Items
Wee Sherlock  4 COMPLETED
Little Boy Blue   4 COMPLETED
Easy-Peasy No Sew, Stay On Baby Booties  2 PAIR COMPLETED

Purchase of yarn is prohibited!!!!!  I have over 21,000 miles of yarn to play with this year.  (38,481,140 yards)  BECAUSE MY FIBER FESTIVAL WAS CANCELLED, I DID A SHOPPING SPREE WITH VENDORS WHO WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE.  SO, I BOUGHT LOTS OF YARN BUT......I HAVE ALREADY STARTING TO USE IT.

Any other project that falls into my lap.  2 BABY BLANKETs AS WELL AS 2 BABY YODA'S AND A BABY LOVEY.  

Here is an actually accounting of what got made.

SHAWLS- 9
WEE SHERLOCK BABY SWEATER - 4
LITTLE BOY BLUE BABY HAT - 4
BABY BLANKETS - 2
BABY BOOTIES - 2 PAIR
SHORT SOCKS - 6 PAIR
REGULAR SOCKS - 2 PAIR
VICTORIAN LACE SQUARES - 40 - WHICH BECAME 2 LAPGHANS
BABY YODA (THE CHILD) - 2
HATS - 1
DISHCLOTHS - 22
BUNNY EASTER BASKET - 1
KITCHEN TOWEL - 1
SEQUIN HANGING - 1
COUNTED CROSS STITCH - 3
FACE MASKS - 64

WIP'S STILL HANGING AROUND
BOXY SWEATER (MY DESIGN)
KIDSILK HAZE SHAWL
IT REALLY FITS CARDIGAN
BUTTERBEER SOCKS (MY DESIGN)

As for my favorite item made this year.....................I would say it is the first Wee Sherlock Baby sweater with matching hat and booties.



My least favorite item?  The Bunny Easter Basket.  It was a pain in the neck to put together.  Not to mention, I only had an already made bunny basket to figure out how to make this.  I am not very proficient with trying to copy already made items.  Must be all those years of being told 'no cheating'.



The face masks were the most pressing item to make the last couple of weeks.  I feel we will be wearing face masks for the foreseeable future.  Until there is a vaccine for this deadly virus, we will all need to be taking extra precautions.  Right now, Arizona is a  hot spot for cases.  We have gone from #23 to #10 (out of 50) in case numbers, just in 2 weeks time.  With the way our numbers are growing, we should be #9 by the end of this weekend.  Not really something to brag about.  I just happen to live in the county with the largest number of cases and the largest population.  (lucky me)

I have been in this YOP group since it's inception.  The people I have met through this group has amazed me.  I have met people from all over the world.  What amazes me the most is how crafting can bond so many diverse people together.  Maybe that is what this crazy world needs........more crafters.  

If you are a crafter of any kind and have a blog or podcast, we would love to have you join us.  Next week, most of us will be started a new year of YOP.  It will be the 10th year this group has been around.  Here is the link of where you can go and see if this group would be fun to be in.

Tune in next week when I post a 'list' of wishful thinking LOL.  The one thing I have learned over the past 10 years is.............the list posted is always subject to change.  The other thing I learned is not to make the list so huge I feel overwhelmed before I even start.

Until Next Time.....................Happy Crafting & Stay Well!



6 comments:

  1. 165 projects!!! That's amazing. I, for one, would have loved to look at all 165 of them. :) But that would have been a pretty mammoth undertaking for you. It was fun reading through your list and remembering the projects. Baby Yoda was a higlight for many of us, I'm thinking. ;^) Ah, but yes... That Wee Sherlock Baby Sweater and set is beautiful. I'm sure it was a favorite gift for its recipient. Heirloom items, I suspect. I'm looking forward to seeing next year's list - and all the great items you'll make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m with Becki and would love to have seen all 165 items again...and agree baby yoda is a highlight even though I’ve only seen two of the zillion Star Wars movies! The generosity you show is really inspirational, even though you aren’t keen on making masks you have made so many and I am sure that every one of your beautiful prayer shawls has been truly appreciated by the recipients. I’d like to take a leaf out of your book and be more generous with my crafting. I think you are right, the world needs more crafters...this YOP Group is my happy place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy. And here's hoping your state gets itself together and stops trying to be in the top ten. 165 projects - yikes girl, that is something! I am like you in that I love doing the wrap up post, and the list. Speaking of which - I'd better go finish it. Stay well. That is an order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a whoppin amount done. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 165 projects is an amazing feat. More than one every three days! And your projects are all amazing, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only problem with the "wrapup" post is that it shows what a "slacker" I am! LOL! YOu really got so much accomplished and you are a fast knitter! I am going to look into that Portuguese knitting to see if I can speed up! Look at all the socks and shawls and that baby sweater set and booties are the sweetest I've ever seen! I may try and have a go at that one as it is just precious. I always love your posts during the week too. I can't wait to see your list next week. My list is always long and then I see everyone else's and things get added! LOL! It is such fun though! Congrats on such a productive year and such beautiful projects! You always make my day! Stay well and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.