YOP LIST 2023-2024

Friday, June 12, 2020

Tidying Up

Tidy-up Meaning - YouTube

Seems I had quite a few 'loose' ends to take care of, or tidy-up.  That being said, I got busy quickly this morning so I could have everything done before noon.

Hubby needed to do a Sam's Club run.  That gave me quite a bit of time to take care of business.  The plants got watered and sprayed for fungus gnats, mantle clock was wound, refrigerator was cleaned out, a loaf of bread was put into the bread machine, I clipped Enrique's nails (cut one too close, oops), and got my finished knitted item blocking.  By the time I finished, hubby was home and it was time for lunch.  Perfect timing!

Since I had everything completed I decided to reward myself with a nice refreshing swim.  The pool was still a bit cooler than I wanted but................I still got in.  Once I got moving I was fine.  It felt good to be back in the water.  I did remember sunscreen as well as my big floppy hat.  There was a glorious breeze out there too.  

Tonight we will be grilling hamburgers for dinner.  I got some lovely buns in the bakery department yesterday.  They were right next to the angel food cake and oatmeal raisin cookies.  All of which jumped into my grocery cart. (Imagine that!)  

Only one item left on my to do list.  I have a letter to write.  Lucky for me I can write the letter on my lap top while watching TV.

OH...............Question for anyone.  My last few loaves of bread in the bread machine have not risen the way it used to.  All my ingredients are fresh and I have not changed the recipe in any way,  I make sure my yeast is at room temperature before using it. I just do not understand what is happening.  Do you think my bread machine is the issue?  It is has made dozens of loaves of bread.  Do they eventually wear out?  The bread still tastes ok but it is much heavier because of it not rising as much.  HELP!

Until next time..............happy crafting & stay well!  

3 comments:

  1. I make sure I don’t measure the yeast with the same spoon I measured the salt with, and I make sure there’s a little flour barrier between the salt and the yeast and that solved my problems. You can test how active you yeast is by putting a bit with sugar and warm water, it’s perhaps lost it’s mojo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea about your bread machine especially since you haven't changed anything. Could it be your house temp with the ac on? Although, it never bothered mine so that's probably not it. It seems like it would be the yeast not the machine as that is what makes it rise...warmth helps too. I haven't used my machine because I lost the paddle and need to order another one. I think Miss Peeps took it but where I have no idea! LOL!
    Glad you're able to enjoy your pool! How do you manage to wear a hat in the pool?
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, bummers. Sorry your breads haven't risen like they should. Your hamburgers sound yummy. I don't know how to grill and it's been too warm to go outside.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.