YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, June 18, 2020

FRIDAY EVE

Happy Friday eve!! - Happy Minion | Make a Meme


Hello again. It is another sunny day here with the temps in the low 100's.  Next week we will be warming up a bit, so we are enjoying this little break in our heat.

My teeter and I went for a little 'ride' today.  I had slacked off this week from exercising and wanted to get back to it.  I was actually able to double my time on the machine.  That's a good thing, right?  I was planning on hitting the pool today too.

The pool plan kind of got thrown to the wind early.  I got a call this morning from one of the ladies from our prayer shawl ministry.  She had labels, medals and prayer cards for me.  Now I can finish up the three completed shawls I have and get them bagged.  She gave me extras so I will be able to make a couple more shawls too.  We are unable to get out labels right now as the company we purchase them from is in New Jersey and they are closed because of the Virus.

While this lovely lady was delivering the items, we got to talking about face masks and.......well, I just can not say no.  She brought over several yards of material and interfacing.  The material had already been washed in hot and dried hot.  She has asked me to make her a couple of masks from each material.  That will be 6 more masks.  Then she tells me she has more material at home and will wash and dry it and bring it over too!  Oh my.  I have a feeling the next week will be spent making face masks again.  

I wanted to make more for hubby and I too.  It looks like face masks are going to become mandatory in our city and many of the cities surrounding us, in the next few days.  Our numbers are rising at an alarming rate.  Thinking back about 2 weeks............Memorial day and graduation parties happened and people were congregating in large groups without any physical distancing.  

  Arizona governor calls crowded CASA Tempe bar an 'outlier'

Holiday crowds raise concern over spread of COVID-19 | 12news.com

Get a clue people.  Rant over!

I finished another knitting item early this morning.  I will post about it on Sunday.  Come back and read about it.  I am hoping to have something else completed by then.  This:


I only have one color of sequins to add to it.  PURPLE!  I saved my favorite for last.  Fingers crossed I can finish it in the next 3 evenings.  The daytime hours will be saved for making masks.

Until next time.................happy crafting & stay well!






3 comments:

  1. it's mandatory to wear a mask in a business here, I'm glad but I don't want to go shopping because I have to wear a mask! I am in and out like a flash :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ppl can be dumb. I'm going to make more masks for us. My mom gave us some extra ones that loop around the ears but we aren't fans of that style. My husband tried one on today and said he liked the ones I made better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m still opting for the go nowhere option. My mother in law is now allowed to come and stay over, but most things are still shut here for the next week or so.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.