YOP LIST 2023-2024

Friday, June 5, 2020

This and That


This and That. | Kawi Snippets

Since this is the last post of the week, it will be a bit of a hodgepodge of stuff.

I am waiting for the floors to dry so I can put all the furniture back in place.  Hubby has finished cleaning the rest of the house today.  He is so good about doing it each week.  I wish my shoulders, hands and back were stronger so I could get in there and help him.  The kitchen is the one area I do keep clean.  I wash counters every time we prepare food.  The cupboard doors and appliances get attention weekly.  Once a month I deep clean and polish my granite.  So, I guess I do help with the cleaning somewhat.  Oh, and I also clean our shower.  Don't know why I decided to take that task on, but I don't mind it at all. I am working on trying to build the strength back up in my legs.  If I kneel down, I need a lot of help getting back up.  (Like a counter top to hang onto or something very stable that won't move when I grab it)  RA is not good for my muscle strength.  No one told me that until I found out how much I had lost.  Getting it back is not easy at my age LOL.  Or any age for that matter.

I got a treasure in the mail today!

 Generic Danish Dough Whisk Large Stainless Steel Dutch Style Bread ...

It is a Danish Dough whisk.  It was recommended by several people who bake breads and cakes and anything doughy from scratch.  Even though I have a lovely Kitchen Aid mixer, there are times, I do not need something that big.  I am anxious to use it.  

I got a treasure yesterday in the mail too.


Another needle minder.  It is so darn cute.  I wasn't going to get another one until I saw this and fell in love with it.  This one is from Amazon too.  Snarky Crafter is the name of the company that sells some of the cutest needle minders.  I also got an extra treat from this company.


Nothing like a laid back Avocado sticker to make you smile.  This will go to Josie.  Even though she is almost 15, she adores eclectic stickers.  She covers her computer cover with them to express herself.  She has some very cute and clever ones.  I sent her a photo of it and asked if she would be interested in it and this is the response I got; "YES?! what kind of a question is that of course i would like it". (I typed this exactly as it was sent to me)  She cracks me up.  I am stopping by her house later today to run an errand for them and will deliver it to her then.

I worked on some knitting yesterday but not for long.  My middle finger of my left hand was in a lot of pain.  Since I did not want to exacerbate the situation I only knit for about 45 minutes and then put it away.   You know me, though.  I can not just sit without something in my hands to work on.  That would be a big waste of time.  So I grabbed some counted cross stitch and worked on it.  (Funny how that did not irritate that finger since I am a left handed stitcher)


I am further along than this photo but when I started it yesterday all I had completed was the "L" and part of the "W".  There is still quite a bit more to do on it.  Not sure if I will work on this or the WIP I was hoping to complete this week yet.  Completion is not going to happen but I could get quite a bit more done on the WIP if I worked on nothing else but it.  

Today will be the last day I really get any crafting time.  My niece and her family are arriving in town this afternoon.   They will be here until either Sunday or Monday.  They are staying with my son and his family.  We will be seeing them on Saturday for a BBQ and pool party.  Thank goodness we are going to have a bit of a cool down on Saturday.  It won't even be hitting 100F!  I am so thankful as we will be outdoors the entire time so we can distance ourselves.   My son has some lovely shade trees and also outdoor ceiling fans to help out if there is no breeze.  We haven't seen our niece and her family in over a year.  It will be nice to catch up with them.

I just saw all your eyes roll when I said it was going to be under 100F tomorrow.  That is a treat for us.  It has been between 109F and 111F for the past 10 days.  91F will feel like a nice spring day for us.  It is also suppose to be breezy.  That is a plus too as long as the humidity stays down.  Right now it is only 13%.  If your temperature dropped almost 20 degrees, how would that feel to you?  AHA!  Now you see where I am coming from.  It is all relative.

Do you have any plans for the weekend?  Any special crafting?  Will you be visiting with anyone, either in person or via electronics?  How about baking?  Anything yummy coming out of your oven?

Until Sunday............................happy crafting and stay well!

4 comments:

  1. lol I didn't roll my eyes to think of temps being below 100, but they did open wide as I imagined that meant you've been having 100+ days. We have occassional 100 degree days here in Indiana, but they're something to talk about, not exactly normal. Our week started out beautiful - nights in the 50's and days maybe reaching 70. And it's ending hot and humid in the mid-8's with "real feels" in the mid-high 90's. Blech.

    I've never heard of a dough wisk. I'm really curious how easy it is to use with bread dough. Please give us a report after you've used it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah from Mildly Granola blog has one of those dough whisks and loves it. I was hiding in the shade last week but we are back to cold wet weather so coats are back on. When it’s 25°C here it can get to 45°C in my greenhouse, so I get glimpses of what it’s like where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marsha :) Your needle minder is so cute and I love that dough whisk. I can't wait to hear how it works! I've never seen one before. I can totally relate to how you're feeling right now about the weather. We had a nice hot/dry week and suddenly today I have the heat on and two pairs of socks!! Crazy change in weather! I hope you have lots of fun at your party! Sounds nice! I'm going to try to bake today for the first time since moving here. With the cold weather today I'm in the mood for something warm, buttery and cinnamonee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand how you feel about the weather. Here, 90's make us suffer so if we get a day in the 80's or 70's we is happy. Neat dough whisk. I need to Google how that works.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.