YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, April 12, 2020

WEEK 41...................11 TO GO!

Easter | Good Shepherd Catholic Community

A happy and blessed Easter to all of you, my dear readers.  This past week has been interesting at our home.  Hubby is still recovering from what ever it is he has.  He still has a nasty cough but it does not happen as often as before.  He has never run a fever (which is good) and has no body aches.  His appetite is excellent also.  It is kind of strange for him to be under the weather.  He so seldom gets sick, but when he does, he does it up real good. LOL  Thank you all for your good wishes and prayers for him.

Monday, I finished up the last of the 12 dishcloths.  These are for a wedding gift from my daughter to one of her co-workers. 


I think I am done with WHITE dishcloths for a while.  I need color in my life right now. 

Once the dishcloths were done, I decided to get another WIP off my needles.  What do you think I worked on next? 


Yup, the Scatterby Socks! These were cast on in December of last year.  They were done toe up two at a time.  Not my normal mode of sock knitting anymore.  Since I learned how to use DPN's, I seldom do magic loop.  I thought they would go faster this way.  Not really LOL.  Hubby is very happy to have another pair to add to his collection.  No!  I have not cast on another pair...............yet.  I have some fantastic wool yarn I purchased from private sellers when my fiber festival got canceled.  Now to decide which  fiber to cast on and what pattern to use.  

Since the socks came off the needles late yesterday, I was free to do what I wanted.  So, this happened.



I proceeded to make another 7 face masks.  These will be going to my Daughter in Law as well as my Grand Daughter.  I have 7 more masks to make today.  Those will be for my son and his in laws.   All of the masks I make have wires in them to mold the nose piece.  This adds a bit more protection to each mask.  They are all quilter's cotton, both the outside and the lining.  I washed all the fabric in hot water, dried in a hot dryer and then ironed it before I even cut them out.  My Daughter in Law brought over the stretchy loops kids use to make hot pads.
ALEX Toys Craft Loop N Loom Refill Loops

I am now using those for the ear pieces.  They are super soft and very stretchy.  Hopefully, I will finish up the masks today.  After making almost 25 of them, I am kind of over it.  Here is then link to the face mask pattern I use. I got it from my niece's mom who is a nurse. 

After dinner, last night, I was not in the mood to go back into the craft room and sew anymore.  Hubby wanted to watch a movie to get us into the mood for Easter.  We found "The Greatest Story Ever Told" on Prime.  Since it is a super looooong movie, I grabbed my Feather and Fan shawl and decided to put a little work in on it.


The yellow arrow shows where I was when the movie started.  I got 3 pattern sections done during the movie.  Someday this shawl will be done and I can move on to something another WIP!

The highlight of my week was Saturday morning.  Maria from "Yarning With Ruby" set up a Zoom meeting for anyone interested from our YOP group.  Several of us agreed to give it a try.  How much fun it was!  Five of us were able to make the meeting time.


This is not the best photo, but this is what it looked like while we chatted for almost 2 hours.  We learned so much about each other.  How fun it was to talk to people from all over this great planet of ours.   We have agreed to do this again in the near future.  Hopefully, more YOPers will come along next time.  Thanks so much to Maria for hosting this.  Social distancing, in this technological age, is not so bad after all.  

With today, being Easter, we will be watching Mass on TV in a couple of hours.  Then I will return to the craft room and fire up my sewing machine.  I am making pork chops for dinner tonight along with some cooked mixed veggies.  If I have time, I will bake some apples to go with it also.  There will be a loaf of bread being made today also.  Normal stuff for a Sunday here.

Until Next Time...................Happy Crafting & Stay Well!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you as well. Hope your hubby is well on the way to feeling better. Thanks for the tip about The greatest story on Prime - I usual hope some station is playing it, but then I have to contend with commercials. I have bookmarked the mask pattern. I think I have some old sheets or pillowcases I can use because I don't have any other material around. It was great to meet you yesterday on Zoom. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so productive!!! So sorry hubby isn't feeling well. Could it be allergies? Love the socks! I had wanted to join you all Saturday but I have no camera on my pc and my tablet won't take my email and I can't get Google Play to download the app. I need smartphone or something. Maybe a Chrome book? Congrats on the dishcloths and your Feather and Fan shawl. Your masks are really professional and cute too!
    I didn't get my ham so it's leftovers for Easter! LOL! But there are some that have nothing so I am blessed. Enjoy your Easter and your Easter dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't is funny that social distancing has led to people meeting each other for the first time! lol

    I am so glad you shared the link to your mask pattern. I've made a similar mask, but I did not put a casing in mine for the wire (I just sewed a wire in). I love how this pattern provides instructions for a casing so a wire can be removed and reinserted. I couldn't figure this out on my own. I will save this if I need to make any more masks! Thank you, Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoom is great, we use it every Sunday to follow the congregation. It might be "just" the second-best thing but it's good that there is a second-best thing after all. Hope I can join in the next YOP Zoom meeting.
    Can't wait to see your completed Feather and Fan. You are making such great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your husband is feeling better. I have been under the weather for the past couple of weeks and haven't felt like doing much. You on the other hand have loads going on. Love the dish cloths and the socks are really pretty. When I read toe-up, two at a time it made my head swoon. Wow. Speaking of Magic Loop... boring ! I love my dpns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watch a boston mass this past Easter. It's not like the real thing but it is professionally edited. I love making washcloths as a palate cleanser between projects especially. Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter to you too. Glad your hubby is feeling better and hope this week is good too. Love your socks and shawl, it seems like we are all filling our time nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you're all like McGuyver and using things to substitute as elastic. The pattern I use, she uses knit fabric to cut up as long ties.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.