YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Strange Things

Things Are Happening And They Are Strange – Sketch In Studios

There are some strange things happening with my blog comments.  For some time, I have had it where when you comment on one of my post, a new box would come up for the comment.  I did this as there were folks who could not comment on my blog otherwise.  On Sunday, I changed this back to embedded.  This means, when you went to comment, you could do it right from the blog post itself.  I was trying to make it easier with the hopes the glitch was fixed. I do have comments it set up where I moderate all of them before they are published on the blog.  (there have been some very inappropriate spam comments that no one needs to see)  

On Monday morning, I thought it quite odd there had not been any comments on my YOP post.  I started going through all my emails and guess what........all the comments from Sunday were in a SPAM folder!  I thought it was just a silly glitch with my email so didn't think much of it.  This morning, I checked my spam folder again and WHAM! there were more blog comments in there again. I went back into my blog account and changed the comment section to 'new box' for comments.  I am hoping this will correct the issue.  Is any one else having this issue?  Is it a glitch with Blogger or is it from my Cox email carrier?  HELP!!!!!!

Ok, so, I met my new primary care Doctor today.  I like him!  He is a very upbeat person and smiles quite a bit.  Yet, he knows what he wants from his patients.  The other thing I liked about him, is he actually listened to me and my wants and concerns and we worked together!  So refreshing to find a Dr like that.

Hubby has been busy all day outside.  He sprayed the weeds again (I call it crop dusting), watered our outdoor plants, cleaned his grill and cleaned the salt cell for the pool.  While he did that, I stayed indoors looking for something to get me into trouble.

I did complete the toes on the new socks.


Now, I am trying to find a pattern that speaks to me.  I would like it to be Harry Potter related.  I could probably do the Hermione Everyday Sock pattern and just reverse the pattern chart since I am doing toe up.  I just don't know yet.  So while I am contemplating that I found this sitting right next to me.


A project bag with yarn, pattern and needles in it and begging me to cast on another project.  Just how many items can one person have going at a time?  This 'stay home, stay safe, stay healthy' order is really dangerous for us knitters.  When I have ALL day to sit around thinking about stuff, my mind always goes to my stash and what I could be making with all of that lovely yarn.  Anybody else finding themselves running into this issue?  Are you able to resist the urge to cast it all on? Luckily, I have a limited number of needles, so eventually I will need to stop casting. LOL

Tonight, we have left over Carne Asada from last night.s dinner  It was so good.  Hubby had purchased pre-cut flank steak a while back.  On another one of his grocery trips he found this:

Amazon.com : Tapatio Traditional CARNE ASADA Marinade 1-8 OZ Pouch ...

We put the meat in it on Sunday night and let it marinate overnight.  Then last night we threw the meat on the grill for about 7 minutes and ta-da.......dinner was complete.  I can say, this was so good and we will be doing this again.  

Tapatio Tinga De Pollo Cooking Sauce review... - Discuss Cooking ...

We have this one to try too.  I love Tinga chicken and will probably be making this one in the next week.  

Thank you Patricia, for the idea of making the honey apple pie (or 2 of them and sending one to you).  I do believe I will be spending quite a bit of time in the kitchen over the next couple of days.  Yes, I will be making at least 1 honey apple pie, 2 loaves of banana bread, regular bread, and figuring out what to do with the potatoes (maybe shred them up and then freeze them for hash browns later)

Until next time...................happy crafting & stay well!

5 comments:

  1. So I am commenting and it appears that you have PopUp commenting in place. I was one of those who could not comment otherwise. I will now go into my own blog and check up on things. Thanks for the heads up. I remember starting to blog in 2010 - no problems, ever. Now it seems they never go away. Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a problem with comments going into my SPAM folder - not even SPAM goes into my SPAM folder (unless I put it there). That said, I haven't had SPAM in a weeks! It seems to go in cycles.

    Personally, I prefer embedded comments, both as a blogger and a commenter. But please do what works best for you. There are so many barriers, it seems for people posting comments - my biggest irritation is that sometimes it's impossible to leave comments on blogs where you're not a member of the same platform - like sometimes Wordpress folks can't leave comments on Blogger blogs and vice versa. And then sometimes it seems these issues don't exist. It's maddening. I just wish the different platforms would play nice together.

    As with Elaine above, when I started blogging in 2007, it simply wasn't so complicated. And now, the issues are constant - no matter what platform one uses, it seems...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The marinades look tasty. I've not seen them here and I'm surprised as we are right next to Texas and we do have a lot of Tex Mex ingredients here and cheeses and sausages.
    I would be casting on too but I need yarn! I've been prepping for Stitch Maynia so I need to order for that. Love your project bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I have been having problems commenting on others blogs but not yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get the pop up box/window for commenting. It seems to be working fine for me but dunno on your end.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.