YOP LIST 2023-2024

Monday, April 13, 2020

It Didn't Take Long....................

roses facebook cover | Facebook cover photos vintage, Twitter ...


I tried.  Really I did.  My voice of reason kept saying "don't do it" and my creative voice said "go for it".  The tug of war was horrible.  It caused great distress and was making me grumpy and cross, even with my dogs.  My husband was no help at all.  He simply put on his headphones, turned on his audio book and set out to clean the family room.  I tried playing a few games on my phone.  Yet, the internal conflict continued to torment me.  I ran to the bathroom and took a shower, hoping to drown out the voices.  They continued even as I turned on my hair dryer to full blast.  

After what seemed like hours, but was actually only about 45 minutes, I made my decision.


The creative voice won.  I grabbed my DPN's and some of the new yarn I purchased from the non-fiber festival vendor.  BAM!  I have cast on a pair of toe up socks for the hubby.  I have no idea what pattern I will make this time.  I have until the toes are finished to decide.  These will be made concurrently.  This yarn is from Forbidden Fibers and is the colorway Butterbeer.  All you HP fans will know what this is.  It has been a while since I have worked with superwash wool.  Hubby loves his wool socks, so once again, I will be catering to the love of my life.

Truly, after I finished the last pair of socks, I thought I would not start another pair for a while.  I have plenty of other WIP's to be worked on.  Yet, as I sat and watched a movie last night, I was itching to pick up a small project to knit on and yet, I did not have one.  This morning I realized, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I always take a sock to work on while sitting in the waiting room and then again in the exam room.  LIGHT BULB!!!!  I did not have a sock to take with me anywhere!  There is almost always a sock in my purse when we go anywhere.  Granted, we are not going anywhere at the moment, but still..........I am sockless.  

Since I have cast on both pair of socks, I now feel more like myself.  There is no great hurry to finish these socks.  I do not think wool socks are going to be needed too soon here in Arizona.  (Even though I have seen hubby wear them in the summertime to church)  There is something else I thought of after I cast on..........These socks will not be going with me tomorrow.  No way will I take a wool sock with me to a Doctor's office, where there are all sorts of illnesses floating around.  Nope, I will take a book and be happy.  It will be much easier to wipe down a book than a sock, with a Clorox wipe, after I leave the office.  I would cancel my appointment if I could but, this is a new, to me, Doctor.  We need to meet so he can start renewing my prescriptions for me.  (My last Doctor quit taking my insurance!)  

In other news.  I managed to complete all the face masks for the family yesterday.  I even delivered the face masks by hanging the bag on their front door and texting them to let them know they had a package.  Social distancing really stinks at times.  I so miss seeing my family! ( Maybe I should see if they would like to do a zoom meeting.) While I was out in my car, I drove to our church and just sat in the parking lot for a little bit.  (I may have even cried a little while sitting there)  By the time I got home, my cabin fever was cured.  

Today, I have completed 2 loads of laundry, emptied the dishwasher and cleaned out the fridge.  I am sad, as I found 2 containers of leftovers we did not finish off.  We seriously are trying very hard NOT to throw any food away.  I also found some sliced cheese that had green furry polka dots all over it.  (sigh)  Everything else in the fridge is fine.  I really need to find a recipe to use up apples and also one to use up potatoes.  I have a plethora of each of those foods and they are going to go bad if they do not get used up soon.  Potato salad is always a good thing but hubby is not a huge fan and I really do not need to eat 5 pounds of potato salad by myself!  If you have any grand ideas for either apples or potatoes, please leave a comment and let me know.  I am desperate! 

The dogs are sleeping, hubby is doing an online religion class which means, it is time for me to plug into my audio book and work on some knitting while sitting outdoors.

Until next time..................happy crafting & stay well!   


3 comments:

  1. You and your husband lead a very interesting life. I love the sock yarn and I may have to order that color!!! Stay safe at the doctor's office. So sorry you were sad about social distancing. What a great maker you are to make all those masks for your family! BTW how do you Zoom? What equipment do you use/have? Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make a honey apple pie, or make 2 and send me one ):




    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.