YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, April 16, 2020

STARTING OVER

Starting Over by Call On Courage on Dribbble

Things were going so well.  I was able to spend some quality time working on the shawl I had just cast on this week.  The lace part was darn near completed when I noticed it was not laying the way it should.  I tried pulling on it to see if it looked like the photo and, no, it did not.  What was I doing wrong?  There was one stitch (sk2p) I had tried to figure out how it was supposed to be done.  Some patterns want you to slip the stitch purl wise and other want it slipped knit wise.  The instructions did not specify.  The instructions told me the SSK stitches were to be slipped knit wise.  They wanted SL stitch to slip purl wise.  But no mention of how to slip this specific stitch.  After trying a couple of rows different from the way I originally started made me realize I needed to start over.


The top photo is where I was about 30 minutes ago (84 rows done!), and the bottom is where I am right now (6 rows done).  I started out doing the sk2p by slipping the slip stitch purl wise.   But,it looks much better doing it knit wise.  Not near as puckered.  You can not even tell in the top photo that it is a lace section.  That is how puckered it was.  As I told my husband, "It's not like I don't have a lot of time on my hands to work on this".

The yarn I am using is so nice and soft.  Hopefully, when I complete the lace section and move onto the garter section, the colors will look a little less mottled.  

I did not get to do any baking today.  The TV in our family room has been doing some strange things lately.  Hubby keeps saying it is the cable company having issues.  Well, guess what.  It is not the cable company.  I turned on the TV in our bedroom to watch a couple of my recorded shows.  Hmmmmm.......no issue on that TV.  So, what do we do?  Head off to Costco and pick up a new TV.  Hubby has been keeping his eye on one there and it was finally on sale!  Can you believe that?  Another field trip for me this week.  It did not take us long either.  We were in and out in less than 30 minutes.  Our son was kind enough to come over and help us get it put together and then walked us through some of it's really cool features.  

Hubby just left to go and pick up dinner for us.  Neither of us were in the mood for leftovers again.  Tomorrow, I will cut up the pork loin and package it for freezing.  It will make great meals for later on when we don't want to cook.

Ok, I need to eat and then get back on the shawl to see if I can kind of get it back to where it was before.

Until next time....................happy crafting & stay well!

4 comments:

  1. I hate when that happens. A stitch is written in knitting shorthand and you don't have adequate instruction on what they mean in the instructions. I have used Ravelry sometimes to figure it out. I find the pattern on that sight and check the comments. If I had a problem, others might have as well. If that doesn't work I shoot the designer an email. Surprisingly they often answer - even on old patterns. Glad you were able to figure it out finally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, a new t.v....how nice! Sorry bout your shawl stitch giving you problems. Glad to see you figured it out and on your way again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. going to the grocery store once a week is our BIG outing! I do look forward to it :) I hope your project gets into the groove as more fabric is made. I find starting a knitting project takes some time until there is enough to hold on to then it seems to hit its stride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, a new TV and great you were in and out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.