YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Thermostat Part Deux


Disclaimer:  The above photo is not our thermostat, it looks like it but is not the one hanging on our wall.

Guess who got a phone call from me today?  Yup, our thermostat company.  It was still not working according to the way we have it set.  The representative, once again, walked me through steps to get it to behave properly.  What we do not understand is the fact, we have had this thermostat for 3 years and this is the first year we have had any issues.  Hopefully, this will be my last phone call to them.

Other than messing with that, I laundered all the bed linens today.  That makes me look forward to going to bed tonight.  I love freshly washed sheets.  The mattress pad even got washed today.  

My sourdough starter had doubled by this morning.  Today was the first day to feed it.  Fingers crossed, Trey will like the feeding it got and will double once again tonight.  It is pretty fun to watch.  I peek at it a few times a day just to make sure it is being active.  Today, it has not shown any activity since I fed it this morning.  Come on Trey.............bubble for mommy!

Tonight, while watching TV, I will be doing my menu planning.  With the heat, it is time to change up the type of foods we have for dinner.  There will be quite a few salad type meals as well as lots of food on the grill.  Hubby is an awesome griller. I love it when he makes the main part of the meal and I do the sides.

Until next time.............................happy crafting & stay well! 




5 comments:

  1. I hung our sheets out on the line for the first time this spring. I'm looking forward to slipping in between crisp, outdoor-smelling sheets in a few minutes. I hope that thermostat works for you. It's too hot there for you to be having those kind of troubles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband does not know his way around the kitchen much less a grill. You are a lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your thermostat behaves...mine has gotten wacky lately but I compensate for it since I am home all day. Isn't it hot to grill out in that heat?
    Good luck with Trey....maybe he/she wasn't hungry yet? LOL! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Here is the website where I got all my sourdough recipes and I had no trouble with it at all. Good recipes too! https://www.farmhouseonboone.com/
    Or you can see her on my sidebar too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your wonky thermostat doesn't affect you to much. I'm grateful for the break in temps today and have windows open to air out our insulated home. Does your starter only make one loaf?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.