YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood by Chelsea Bunn on Dribbble


Be honest, you have a song going through your head, right?  You have an image to go with it that looks like this?

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood' | News for Fenton ...

Yup, this song will haunt you for the rest of the day now.  Sorry....................not sorry. LOL

I spent some time outside this morning on my front porch.  It is a gorgeous day here with the temp about 75 and a lovely little breeze.  



 Why not make good use of my time while outside.  Hubby's socks are not going to get completed by sitting in the house, buried in a project bag.  I had him try them on yesterday and they are not too tight, so now is the time to work on them and get them completed.


I sit in the shade while outside.  Otherwise, I would only be able to sit there for about 10 minutes before my skin would turn a reddish shade.  Our UV index is already pretty high.  I so wanted to just enjoy some outside time though.


Look at that crystal blue sky.  Not a cloud anywhere to be seen.  They are predicting rain starting sometime tomorrow with a big temperature drop.  I am not holding my breath.  If it does rain, that will take my outside time away.  


I think my neighbor needs to get his palm tree cleaned up.  Those dead fronds will be all over the street if we get a big wind.  They can really do some damage to tires too, if you run over them just right in the car or on a bike.

I did see other people out today.


I have no idea what my other neighbor was having done in her yard but they started early this morning and were just finishing up about noon.  This guy was one of her workers.


I sure wish there was someone sitting in the rocker next to me.  Hubby is not able to be outside much.  His allergies are so nasty right now, if you didn't know he had allergies, you might think he had the 'virus'.  (and he takes allergy injections!)  Nope, it would be so nice to have another knitter sitting there next to me, chatting away the morning.  Sharing the sunshine and lovely breeze.  

One thing I did see today but was not able to grab a photo of.....................our next door neighbors were out for a little stroll and I noticed the lady is pregnant!  I am so excited for them.  They have only been in the neighborhood for about a year.  This is the first home they have owned too.  They are a very lovely couple and I couldn't be happier to find out there will be children in the area again.  

I found a recipe today that really sparked my interest.  What do you think?



Doesn't it sound yummy?  It even sounds a little healthy.  Did you notice it uses milk?  This would help out the dairy farmers, right?

I did my part in helping dairy farmers today.  I make 4 days worth of overnight oats.  Those use milk and yogurt.  Doing my part to keep someone in business.

Time for lunch.  Today I will help the dairy farmers again my eating cottage cheese for lunch.

Until next time.............happy crafting & stay well!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Marsha, I will help out the dairy farmers by making that dirty banana! It sounds SO yummy!!! What beautiful weather you have! We could sip some cocktails, you could knit, I could pretend I'm knitting lol and regale you with stories of my cheese making...while you're hubby sneezes indoors, poor him. On a serious note though...I have congestion all the time in winter because of the dry air in the house (baseboard heaters)...and when I first go out into the cold air, my eyes water and so does my nose. I'm sure neighbours who see me leaving the house to walk Charlie think I'm INFECTED...what a world we live in these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TEsting...I have had a hard time posting and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good, it worked! Whew! Okay, glad you were able to get outside. I would gladly have sat outside with you! That's too bad that your hubby can't and that he has allergies so bad. I got my hydroxy today....so far so good! It was hotter here today...81 and tomorrow 85....too warm! LOL! But no humidity yet so that makes it easier. Hubby's socks look great! Toe-up 2 at a time? I have yet to try that method. I have to go bake my bread and put on some pasta to cook! Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could sit outside with you. But probably only for 10 minutes in the shade. I can't really tolerate the heat. We've been in the 70's (this will be our 3rd day in a row) and I'm looking forward to a cool down. It's too early to be having this weather. While it's been downright gorgeous here with blooming trees everywhere, I confess I want at least a couple more weeks of 50's before having to think of hot and humid weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allergies here have been good or bad depending on the untypical weathers we've been having. Yay for more babies on the way in the neighborhood; glad the mama-to-be was out and not home stressing about the state of the world today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.