YOP LIST 2023-2024

Monday, April 6, 2020

Don' Tell Anyone

be-quiet-shhh-shh-shhhh-silence-please-1 |


I did it.  After not going into public for 2 weeks, I left the safety of our home and went to Walmart.  And not just 1 Walmart but 2 Walmarts.  It was really strange too.  I have not been on the road since the Governor issued the stay at home order.  He has also slowly shut businesses down over the past week.  Traffic this morning was very strange.  I hit the freeway and had, maybe, 10 other cars on it with me.  On the city streets, there was hardly any traffic.  The parking lots at both stores were only 1/4 full.  While I was in the stores, no one was crowding anywhere.  I did self check out and had no issue getting a cash register.  It was surreal. (I kind of liked it though)

Now, to give you a chuckle, the reason I went shopping this morning was to find elastic for the face masks I am making to help us stay more protected when we go out of the house and into public.  (needless to say, I did not have a mask on today!) The 1/4 inch elastic is sold out everywhere.  Thank goodness, I have done more than one craft in my lifetime.  I went into the beading section of the second Walmart and found beading elastic.



This is the elastic cord I used to use when working with beads and making bracelets.  It is very strong and nice and small so it should not irritate our ears.  My thought is to double or triple it to give it a little more strength to hold the mask snug against our face.  Such pretty colors too.

Of course, while I was at the store I went ahead and picked up milk, cottage cheese and bananas.  That will keep us good for another week.  It also gives me time to make up some masks before we need to leave the house again.

When I got home, I decided to get the last dishcloth completed.  I am so tired of looking at them.  Actually, it is not that I am tired of dishcloths, it is that I am tired of WHITE dishcloths.  Give me some colors please!  


And there it is..................#12 off the needles and in the pile with the other 11 dishcloths.  

This afternoon, I will be cutting out material for face masks.  They do not take very long to make once they are cut.  Before I do anymore sewing, I need to work on my machine a bit.  The tension is off on it.  I have never touched the tension, so I do not know how that happened.  Hopefully I can find the book that goes with the machine so I can figure out which one to adjust.

Tonight, we will be having leftovers again.  Our Bible study class was moved to an online group last week.  Tonight is the last class and since it starts at 6, we need something quick and easy for dinner.  Hooray for leftovers.  

I 'spoke' with my Great Nephew's mom yesterday.  The baptism has been postponed until further notice.  They live in New York State, so I kind of figured the baby would be put on hold until this virus settles down over there.  They did get the blanket and love it so it will be used whenever he gets baptized.

Time to head to the craftroom and see what I can accomplish this afternoon.

Until next time.............happy crafting & stay well!













3 comments:

  1. Your beading elastic was a great score. I almost went to Walmart yesterday to see if they had fabric, but the thought that they were likely sold out made me think it wasn't worth it. In the end, I decided I truly can make due with what I have. And then last night, I found a sheet in a drawer I didn't even know I had. It's for a twin bed and we don't even have one in our house anymore. Yay, me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found the elastic. Your description of being on the highway and in Wal-Mart during this time made me chuckle a bit because I bet it did feel strange. At least you were able to safely pay without being crowded by other customers. My daughter went to Wal-Mart last week and ended up leaving her items in the line because the person's in line were too close together, were close to her then the cashier with mask began sneezing. I've read that Louisiana and Georgia are just under New York state in terms of virus victims.
    Happy crafting to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had many orders from Walmart.com b/c they have curbside pick up, but the husband had to drive to different places to get it as our local one doesn't do that and he doesn't want to step into a store.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.