YOP LIST 2023-2024

Monday, April 20, 2020

So Much Fun



Happy Monday.  Today I had the joy of taking my car to the dealership for it's routine maintenance.  The above photo is one I took this morning while getting ready head home.  Most people think of Arizona as all desert.  Yet 65% of our state is mountainous.  This is part of the Superstition Mountains that is about 30 minutes from my home.  

Sit back and enjoy a little view of what I got to see today while I was out.  Outside has not been closed and I think I may be heading out towards these mountain ranges for some more photography opportunities.  There was no one around so I don't have to worry about social distancing.




These were flowers that were blooming all around the dealership's landscape.  I have no idea what plants they are.  I just enjoyed seeing the color they contributed to the area.



 This is what most people think of when you tell them you are from Arizona.  Desolate, dry, sandy desert landscaping.  But if you look closer:


There are things blooming.


Not everything is on ground level that blooms.


And most of it stays green year round.



Of course, there are people out there who think these areas are perfect for having a beer party.  

But if you drive about 30 minutes in any direction, the landscape changes drastically.






 Mountains to the east of me.




Mountains to the north of me.

And then there are things I can not explain but find quite fasintating.


Give me your best guesses as to what this is.  

I so enjoyed my 90 minute outing.  There were cows laying under a few trees but, when I approached them they scurried away.  They moved pretty fast too.  I saw a little bunny but it went under a bush as I approached.  Might have been because of the hawk circling above.  There were quail but they were too fast for me to snap a shot.  

When I got home, my daughter and her husband where here dropping off a few little goodies for me.  I remembered to give her the dishcloths I made for her.  We got to sit and talk for about an hour.  We all maintained out distance from each other too.  Oh my, it was hard not to grab and hug them when they got ready to leave.  We are a very demonstrative family.  This is very unnatural for us, not to touch.  

My 'to do' list is calling me.  

Until next time............................happy crafting & stay well! 

3 comments:

  1. Well, that last picture sure looks strange. My first guess is it's a tree (or two) that have been dug (or pulled) out of a field and hauled off to the side. Shrug. Thanks for taking us for a drive through your area. I love seeing such a vastly different landscape than we have here in the Midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you're a demonstrative ohana; we are that way too and Asians can be the opposite of it or more reserved in demonstrations of affection. For example we like to put our arms around one another or give big hugs. I have yet to visit Arizona and I can't remember if the husband has; probably not as I think i'm getting it mixed up w/him doing his Masters online at ASU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear I commented on that 'strange' picture and I thought I asked you what it was. It looks like the remains of a tree trunk that got uprooted? I think you can find beauty wherever you are and your pictures are lovely. It was nice to see your landscape there. Beautiful mountains too. It must be hard not to hug your loved ones. Stay strong and well! Hugs (virtual)~ Sam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.