YOP LIST 2023-2024

Monday, April 27, 2020

Chores Done

Chores Done - Home | Facebook

I love getting all my daily chores completed by lunch time.  That way, I have the afternoon to do 'fun' things.  There wasn't much for me to do, chore wise, today.  I did a load of laundry, stirred my sourdough starter, put laundry away and worked with our programmable thermostat AGAIN!  That thing is giving me fits.

Last week I discovered the thermostat was set to daylight savings time.  We don't go on DST.  In order for me to change it, I had to call the company and have them walk me through the steps.  Then I noticed the time on it was still off by 4 minutes.  That makes a big difference when you are on the program we are for our electric bill.  Today I called them again to change that only to find out, sometime over the weekend, it had reset itself to the correct time.  Then, it decided to kick on an hour earlier than scheduled for our BIG cool down for the day!  Once again, I went into the main center on the computer and made sure the schedule had all the correct times.  It does!  UGH!  I give up.  If it happens again tomorrow, I will be calling the company again!  We might be on a first name basis by the time I get everything straightened out LOL.

This afternoon, I am going to work on a few of my WIP's.  I picked up the Victorian Lace Squares again (thanks Sam) and did a couple of those yesterday.  Maybe I will lay it out on my bed to see where I am with it.  I am getting low on left over Caron Simply Soft yarn.  Once it is gone, I will have to stop as I refuse to buy anymore just for this blanket.  If I am lucky, I might be able to make it into two lapghans for the prayer shawl ministry.

Did you notice I mentioned a sourdough starter in the first paragraph?  Yup, fingers crossed this one will actually work.  This is day two and it looked and smelled pretty good today when I stirred it.  I have named this starter.  The others never got names and maybe that was the issue.  So, the name for this one is Trey.  Because it is the third time I have tried to make a starter.

Time to go and make a light lunch.  It is too warm to eat anything too heavy.  Hubby checked the pool for me this morning and it is up to 82F.  I should be able to get into it by the end of the week if this continues.  

Until next time.................happy crafting & stay well!

5 comments:

  1. Great plans and sounds like another good day ! The bread sounds like it will be delicious ! I'm looking forward to seeing your bed cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pools! I need one here! LOL! If I could take a dip while working in the yard I could get more work done! Maybe I'll just turn the sprinkler on! LOL! I wish I could get my chores done by noon but actually, afternoons are my most productive. I do regular chores in the morning and then priorities in the afternoon. I am very slow in the morning.
    I can't wait to see your lattice squares. You are the one that got me interested in them! I still really like them...to look at and to crochet. I'll cross my fingers for Trey! Enjoy your pool party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing all the bread recipes ppl have been making.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a programable thermostat that I don't program. That was my husband's thing. I don't mess with it except to set it for AC or for Heat or to turn it off entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that you named your dough, and think that should make all the difference. I prefer a very slow start to the day. Reading my news, sipping coffee, reading or typing blogs...then later do the necessary stuff...I have to work up to it. That said here it is almost 7pm and I'm visiting a few blogs. Hubby was running late, dinner is at the ready and I just need to take myself to the kitchen to make cocktails, which I will do after finishing this comment. We have a programmable thermostat also, but keep it on manual. It just seems easier for our temperature swings. Though I have heard the programmable ones are better for electric heat, we have gas. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.